Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody running the PPE Boost Controller with EFI LIve, More specificaly the Mcrat Race tune. I havent taken The boost controller off yet, but I havent installed the Mcrat tune yet either, so I was wondering if it would hurt to leave the PPE boost controller in place.

Pat if you see this thread, Please comment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
802 Posts
Cobra#3747;1545105; said:
I am sure that Mcrat adds boost in his race tune. Dont want to kill the stock turbo...Or do you want an excuse for a new bigger one? :D
and other things...as you might pull a "juice" and have to jump out and shove rags in the intake to shut'r down.:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,012 Posts
The LLY race tune has added boost...You can leave the boost controller hooked up, you just can't use it :D, unless you're shopping for an aftermarket turbo...The only way you can experiment is to put all the stock turbo tables into the race tune and try it with the variable boost, but don't go over 32 psi max...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,148 Posts
The Neens;1545150; said:
The LLY race tune has added boost...You can leave the boost controller hooked up, you just can't use it :D, unless you're shopping for an aftermarket turbo...The only way you can experiment is to put all the stock turbo tables into the race tune and try it with the variable boost, but don't go over 32 psi max...
:exactly:. I made a tune on accident that I found out you can hit 40psi with our stock turbo. Not a good idea. Plus 40psi on a stock turbo makes the truck fall on it's face. 31-32psi works well by my SOTP meter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,012 Posts
lakingslayer;1545174; said:
:exactly:. I made a tune on accident that I found out you can hit 40psi with our stock turbo. Not a good idea. Plus 40psi on a stock turbo makes the truck fall on it's face. 31-32psi works well by my SOTP meter.
Yeah, the stock turbo sounds "interesting" at 40psi, but I think I'll stick to the 30-32 that the pros recommend...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,148 Posts
The Neens;1545194; said:
Yeah, the stock turbo sounds "interesting" at 40psi, but I think I'll stick to the 30-32 that the pros recommend...
I about poo'd my pants when I saw the guage rocket past 30. I'm not doing that anymore.:D
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top