Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what exactly is this and what all can you do with it? I've been hearing a lot of good things about it and may be interested in buying one. How much power does it add, what safety features can you remove, etc.?

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
what exactly is this and what all can you do with it? I've been hearing a lot of good things about it and may be interested in buying one. How much power does it add, what safety features can you remove, etc.?

You have lots of reading to do! :D

Basically, it's software and hardware to allow you to write your own tuning parameters into your truck's ECM.

In addition you may clear codes.

You may also data log/record just about any engine parameter in real time and store for playback later.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
EFI Live is an awesome tool, BUT you need to understand what you are doing if you want to make tunes that really work. It can be picked up/learned/taught, BUT the issue that I have been seeing lately is that some people buying it are not "into it" and are buying simply because everyone else is doing it. This can lead to frustration...

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
BUT the issue that I have been seeing lately is that some people buying it are not "into it" and are buying simply because everyone else is doing it. This can lead to frustration...
In the beginning I thought I may have been one of those people but I'm finally starting to get the hang of it. It just takes time and patience.

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
EFI Live is an awesome tool, BUT you need to understand what you are doing if you want to make tunes that really work. It can be picked up/learned/taught, BUT the issue that I have been seeing lately is that some people buying it are not "into it" and are buying simply because everyone else is doing it. This can lead to frustration...
You have to spend the time to get it, it is not easy at first, but once you get a familiarity with the tables and what they actually do you can make quick progress.

It just takes a little getting used to it.

T:D NY

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
I agree that it's easy, but there are very few people who can just pick it up and go. Many do not have the patience or the ability to quantify their results either. I just hate to sell something to a guy because it is what the "in crowd" is doing and have it set in frustration...

Once V2 comes out (of course there's MORE money to spend) and a guy can send encrypted files out those who become frustrated will have a good use for their equipment.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not looking into buying it because others have it, I just like the fact that you can tune it yourself and monitor stuff on the computer. I just wanted to hear other's opinions on this product

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
If you need help, let me know. I'll help ya with anything you need. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell #.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
If you are a true gear head then this is for you. I just see a lot of guys moving forward and being overwhelmed with it. It's easy to make a tune, it's tough to make a true all around winner...

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
If you are a true gear head then this is for you. I just see a lot of guys moving forward and being overwhelmed with it. It's easy to make a tune, it's tough to make a true all around -:twinner...

:funnypost I guess when the dollar signs get out of some peoples heads they could become winners. Someday we will work together and help each other. Until then, shoot me a PM and I'll do whatever I can to help.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Bobo is a good guy and will help ya out, I'll send ya a couple of tunes to if ya want some stuff to look at. I got alot of garbage if you want to see what not to do :D

·
Registered
837 Posts
I like the sh!t out of mine, when I first got it I was :confused: Censored :help2: . Now I have been able to build a fairly decent program maybe better than the tripple dogs crazy larry tune, definatly smoother and quieter for the little amount of time I have had to use it. Thats the only big tune I have to compare it to but even better I have been able to see how much my rail pressure was dropping off before the lift pumps and check injectors, just about anything you want to look at. This is a great tool if you have the drive to make this tool work you won't regret it.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I just have a question regarding the " Big Tune". I know there's programs writtin for the LB7 as far as a good all around tune's, But what about the " Big nasty tune" to say compare to a TTS Extreme? The LLY's seem to like the EFI but what about the LB7's?
I like the EFI's abilities, but can you write a tune for the LB7 that will run with the TTS,I want to buy one and play with it, but if i can't better my truck with it it's kinda wastin money.
It seems some people on here are getting close to the "Big Tune" for the LB7,but it's like it's top secret,I know alot of hard work goes into it, but are we the people gonna be able to benifit from it? And have the ability to tweak a little here and there, or is it gonna be sealed and the key trown away??

Thanks
Joey

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
:funnypost I guess when the dollar signs get out of some peoples heads they could become winners. Someday we will work together and help each other. Until then, shoot me a PM and I'll do whatever I can to help.
If you are going to quote me, quote me but please don't edit smilies into my quotes. There's more to tuning than taking someone elses work and modifying it.:thumbsdow

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
I just have a question regarding the " Big Tune". I know there's programs writtin for the LB7 as far as a good all around tune's, But what about the " Big nasty tune" to say compare to a TTS Extreme? The LLY's seem to like the EFI but what about the LB7's?
I like the EFI's abilities, but can you write a tune for the LB7 that will run with the TTS,I want to buy one and play with it, but if i can't better my truck with it it's kinda wastin money.
It seems some people on here are getting close to the "Big Tune" for the LB7,but it's like it's top secret,I know alot of hard work goes into it, but are we the people gonna be able to benifit from it? And have the ability to tweak a little here and there, or is it gonna be sealed and the key trown away??

Thanks
Joey
Please don't take this the wrong way, but the idea here is that YOU write the tunes rather than taking what is given on a preprogrammed tuner. In time there may be some hot "shareware" stuff out there, but only time wil tell...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Please don't take this the wrong way, but the idea here is that YOU write the tunes rather than taking what is given on a preprogrammed tuner. In time there may be some hot "shareware" stuff out there, but only time wil tell...
So is there a tune in the work's for the LB7 that is as good or better than the TTS????I don't have a Dyno to play with custom tunes and I'm sure that's a big key in writing a program's.
I've read that the TTS is worth about 20 more horse than the Quad/ Juice stack,I don't want to buy the TTS if something's gonna be better than that soon.

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
So is there a tune in the work's for the LB7 that is as good or better than the TTS????I don't have a Dyno to play with custom tunes and I'm sure that's a big key in writing a program's.
I've read that the TTS is worth about 20 more horse than the Quad/ Juice stack,I don't want to buy the TTS if something's gonna be better than that soon.
I'll let you know Friday.......when my test mule hits the dyno again...:cool:

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
If you are going to quote me, quote me but please don't edit smilies into my quotes. There's more to tuning than taking someone elses work and modifying it.:thumbsdow
:devilfing That wasn't a smile. Step up to the plate and help out some of these new guys. They need a starting point. When are you going to start helping them? If you put half the effort in helping some of these people that you do in telling them how hard it is going to be, we would all be better off. I'm willing to help out with my limited tuning knowledge. Why aren't you? Do we all have to be in the Kennedy click to get your top secret info? You have your own agenda and that is all you care about. When and how did you become Gods gift to tuning? I'm sure you did it all on your own with no help from anyone. These guys are not asking for free Kennedy Extreme tunes. They want a starting point. Something to run with. Can you come off your cloud long enough to give that a shot? I could care less if you help me, but throw the rest of these people a hint. That is all they want.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Thank-You Tony!!!! I just want 2 Tunes for now!!! A little Laty-Da tune for around town say 100 to 135hp range and then a Holy-Sheep Sh!t Grab your Nut's cause the squerrel's are coming tune..Also for in town,and the track):h I can't see spending $1200 for a TTS to get twenty horses:eek: I'll keep an eye on this site for an update on your Dyno #'s..

Thanks
Joey

1 - 20 of 52 Posts