Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fisrt off I would like to thank Ross and Paul at EFI-Live for bringing this awesome product to the diesel market.

I would like to thank Trippin at Socal Diesel for helping to introduce the members here to this product.

I have to thank Ted at Jannetty's Racing Enterprises here in Waterbury, CT. A top knotch guy and very helpful today when I spent 2-1/2 hours with him on the Super Flow.

I made 30+ runs, all logged and my best two runs repeated are here.

All were over 450 RWHP and by tuning on the dyno I raised TQ from 890 on the first run to over 972 !!!!!

I wanted to stay longer but he closes shop at 5:30 pm and I already spent enough time to learn what I need to do next.

These were made with a stock airbox and AC-Delco paper filter, 33-12.50's on 17" hummer wheels.

Run #30 - 471.6 HP/970.2 TQ at 30.2 psi peak boost.

Run #31- 466.8.6 HP/972.3 TQ at 30.7 psi peak boost

Here are some copies of the runs overlayed. Very consistant.

T:cool: NY

Attachments

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
That's an excellent start Tony! Now that you know where you are at and what you do to make things better it shouldn't take you long to get into the 500/1000 ballpark.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I told Tony and I will tell the rest of you that it takes a lot of time to do this and Tony has spent plenty of his time to get to where he is at. The higher you want to get the longer and harder it is to get. The last 30 Hp and 100 ft lbs. is much harder to get than the first 30 is. He is doing this for the fun of it but I bet he has over $1000 dollars spent out of his pocket not counting any of his time or wear and tear on his and others trucks. Cost is just EFI Live plus dyno time so it's by no means cheap to do.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Tony,

That is fantastic, well done, nearly at the magic 500Hp mark.
Tony is one of our Beta testers and is constantly on us to add new things as he discovers more and more what makes these things tick, looks like it is all paying off.

It's great to see that in 3 short months, and hundreds of hours of tinkering that a knowledgeable enthusiast can mix it with the best.

Cheers,
Ross

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Tony first off good job

Second WTF why didn't you say you were going up there, I had today off from work and nothing to do, I would of come up to play too.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
3 mths and 471 give him 1yr and he will surpass 500 great work , keep up the hard work

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tony first off good job

Second WTF why didn't you say you were going up there, I had today off from work and nothing to do, I would of come up to play too.

I finished a job early today, it was a spur of the moment thing. It was something I needed to do to quantify the work I have been doing.

The SOTP meter won't cut it, I wanted the truth.

There will be another day, I have lot's of log files and run data to look over.

T:D NY

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
The SOTP meter won't cut it
It certainly feels FASTTTT with my seat of the pants meter!!:eek:

Awesome job Tony...keep that hp and torque comin...

--Ben

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
I'm hitting the rollers next weekend if everything turns out good

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
nice job Tony. congrats!

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
WOW! :eek: That is just about the flatest curve I have seen reguardless of who tuned it! Very impressive to say the least!:cool2: :cool2:
Less then 30 ponies and 30 feet from the magic numbers:ro)

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Congrats Tony! Straight #2 or blended winter fuel?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Great job!!!

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congrats Tony! Straight #2 or blended winter fuel?
Crummy winter blended diesel......:( ........stock air box.

I hope to get better number in a little while........the CA test truck is waiting for his dyno turn........:cool:
We shall see........;) .I made a few changes.
T:D NY

·
Registered
226 Posts
Great job Tony. :ro)

Aaron

·
Bac To The Future
23,008 Posts
So T:cool: ny, do we have to start calling you "Dr. Frankentune" now?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.