Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im hearing everything about this efi live.....where do u buy this? what does it look like? under hood or diagnostic port tuning? and what can you accomplish with this efi live?....thanks!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
EFILive is a tool consisting of software and an interface box that goes between your laptop and the diagnostic port of your truck.

This very powerful tool will allow you to write your own engine calibrations. Basically you have access and the ability to change 100s of the parameters and tables that control your engine.

www.socaldiesel.com
www.efilive.com

E

·
0 Posts
In the EFILive subforum here on Diesel Place, there is a FAQ thread that should answer alot of your questions.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109517

To see whats involved, you can download our software (see my sig) and see whats involved. You can also download tunes from the Diesel Place Tune Library to see what other users are modifying.

Cheers
Cindy

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow that stuff is really complicated to understand maybe i should just stick with the ole edge or banks lol.....i wouldnt know where to start with efi live...but sounds sweet seems its not something you buy and pull out of the box and tune

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
BlueDura;1604216; said:
wow that stuff is really complicated to understand maybe i should just stick with the ole edge or banks lol.....i wouldnt know where to start with efi live...but sounds sweet seems its not something you buy and pull out of the box and tune
Actually, you buy it, make a copy of your stock tune, Email it to me, which I modify and send back to you. Then you compare what I did to your stock tune and go from there.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
BlueDura;1601758; said:
ok im hearing everything about this efi live.....where do u buy this? what does it look like? under hood or diagnostic port tuning? and what can you accomplish with this efi live?....thanks!!!!!!

mcrat said it best i think.....ill pharaphraise;)
the in box programers are like a cresent wrench

efi live a full blow roll-away tool box will all the specailty tools

·
Registered
474 Posts
Shutdowns?

Has anyone with EFI experienced an engine shut down?

I am interested. I was first intriqued with Edge/Attitude. After reading about their shutdowns, I'm a little sketched out. Picturing a shut down while towing down a steep curvy grade!

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
gregw;1604469; said:

I am interested. I was first intriqued with Edge/Attitude. After reading about their shutdowns, I'm a little sketched out. Picturing a shut down while towing down a steep curvy grade!
Nope. Someone from EFILive will correct me if I'm wrong, but it's next to impossible for your engine to stop working due to a bug in EFILive.

The worst that could happen is it wouldn't start or run. You'd know right away if there was a problem with a tune you wrote.

Thats another inheirent advantage to EFILive; there're not connetions into the ECM, no wiring harnesses, and no power supplies to fail. With EFILive, all the wiring and connections in your truck stay 100% factory.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so i can buy this EFI live and have it tuned to what i have done with boltons already to my truck??? how much does that run for price$$ thanks for all your info fella's

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
BlueDura;1609452; said:
so i can buy this EFI live and have it tuned to what i have done with boltons already to my truck??? how much does that run for price$$ thanks for all your info fella's
that is a big YES

oh to help us help you fill out you sig so we know what you got;)

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
gregw;1604469; said:

The edge module causes the shutdown not the ECM of the truck. EFILive reprograms the ECM with new calibration tables and even a new OS if you like. So far there haven't been any reports of engine shut down due to the EFI software itself. Problems usually arise from a user not adjusting a table correctly.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
I'm definitely interested... a little scared too, especially after reading a thread by a guy that was playing around in a parking lot, locked his torque convertor with EFI and the truck took off when he put it in gear.
Seems like this is the way to go as far as complete control and not being limited by a pre-packaged tuner or box.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
saratoga;1610065; said:
I'm definitely interested... a little scared too, especially after reading a thread by a guy that was playing around in a parking lot, locked his torque convertor with EFI and the truck took off when he put it in gear.
Seems like this is the way to go as far as complete control and not being limited by a pre-packaged tuner or box.
Common sense is a requirement. :eek:

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Trippin;1610079; said:
Common sense is a requirement. :eek:
saratoga;1610084; said:
But sadly, not a standard feature.;)

True,very true. Lotta people with no such thing out there:smashfrea

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
BlueDura;1609452; said:

749.00 plus shipping

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Cobra#3747;1610704; said:
749.00 plus shipping
you forgot the free 75hp tune that usually goes with it;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts