Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got my federal tax returns back and decided to go with the route I have been planning to go for a while.

I bought the Spade Jack with the DSP5 and a new Fuel Pressure Relief Valve.

I am very excited and I am wondering if anyone else had gone this route? I specifically asked if he could make it so my truck rumbles with the vanes at idle.:HiHi: Danny Voss from DuramaxTuner helped me out he is a really great and really knowledgeable when it comes to these trucks especially his favorite LBZ'S.

I am doing my egr delete asap and I was wondering for you guys that have done this if I got rid of the EGR cooler and the stock cold side pipe and the egr manifold itself if I could a blocker plate on the egr riser till I bought a new uppipe.

I am ordering a new intake tube that goes to the Y-bridge I just want to do upipes and my downpipe when I put my exhaust manifolds on the duramax tech at work gave me a set of exhaust manfold gaskets so we will both do it all at once.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
I have the spade jack on mine its been on it for 2 years now I love the heavy tow tune with turbo brake. I am sure you will be very happy with it. Its a great tuner.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
X2 on duramaxtuner.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys I have a question regarding my race tune. I have been driving around on the race tune a good amount and I really do like it. However, they told me that the race tune has the potential to shorten the life of my stock transmission. Would keeping the trans away from the 5th and 6th gear when in the race tune make it last or if I drive hard on the race tune am i guaranteed to have to put a trans in my truck at some point?

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Lift before it shifts to fifth. That tune will still shorten the tranny life if you are on it all the time.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I run on the race tune from DmaxTuner all the time. The best protection for your transmission is your right foot regardless of the tune level. Like IGO1320 said lift before shifting into the overdrive gears. A little common sense goes a long way.

As for your up pipe, just capping the riser may work for a short time but not long term. Once you remove the support provided by the EGR cooler housing the riser starts vibrating and will eventually crack and start leaking. You need to be replacing it as soon as you can. I installed an LLY RH up pipe which does not have a riser and an aftermarket downpipe. Tip: do both up and down pipe at the same time to save yourself a lot of unnecessary work.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool man thanks a ton! Yeah I plan on doing exhaust manfifolds and uppipes all at once. How many miles have you been tuned for? I take it off of the race tune a lot because I am scared I will hurt my trans..... I also will try to do the uppipe and DP at once since the diesel tech at work said the DP has to come off for the upppipe to go on. Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts