Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching to find an answer for this with little luck...

Have an '05 LLY with 185K. Stock programming with aftermarket DP, cat delete, and LBZ mouth-piece. Truck was low on power at mid RPMs with black smoke. No CEL illumined but a scan revealed codes P0404 and P1404. Turbo vane positions are normal. This seemed to confirm my theory of an EGR valve issue or charge pipe leak. I'm guessing the valve being stuck open would bleed boost directly into the exhaust.

My question is this, assuming these codes are leading to a stuck or non-operational EGR valve, will programming the valve permanently closed with EFI be possible? Common logic would say no. If that is the case would I be better off installing a blocker plate along with tuning, or should I repair the valve so it can be "turned off" via EFI live? I ask this question as I've heard concerns of oil buildup in the cooler with the blocker plate, but seeing as my PCV is re-routed to the atmosphere, should I still be concerned?

I have planned on getting EFI tuning anyways, so now seems like a good time! Thanks in advance for any advice.

-Nick

·
Registered
103 Posts
Go old school... unplug it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts