Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking into this. Can you link to the example thread?

-Mike
It's been happening on and off for about a week maybe. Most current was this one:

Idk how much you can see, but what happened in particular with this post was I wanted to view an image on my computer larger, but did not want to post it on here as it was a personal pic of the wife and I. I just figured that while I was attaching another image while writing the linked post, I could dbl click on personal image as well. View it in the draft post and then delete it. I forgot about the editing issue and then this time - to avoid posting an image of the wife and I on the web - I deleted the entire post before posting it. That worked. Trying to delete just the attachment would not and gave me the error I posted above.

If you have access to posts as we write them, but before we post them, you will see that personal image. It's not dirty. I just don't post images of myself and fam on the web.

I'll try and recreate the problem here now in the next post....

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Test post. I am now attaching an image:

I am now trying to delete just the image....
And here's a screenshot of just what happened:
Product Rectangle Font Material property Software

As you will notice, the first attachment I tried to delete would not detach.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Now I cannot even preview my posts. I get the error message when I click "preview" after creating a post.

Edit: Happened just now in the "dems true colors" thread, but not this one.

·
Administrator
21,985 Posts
Reactions: mp06011999

·
Administrator
21,985 Posts

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is that a new post you are trying to edit or an older one? If an older one it could be because of a limit reached.
(From the FAQ)
. View attachment 651402
Nope, brand new. I posted it and when I went to edit it within seconds, my cursor doesn't even change to a hand. But it does on the post right above it made hours ago. But then after I made another post, I was allowed to edit the post in question and the one just made here above. This has been happening for a few weeks now at random. And as I posted, deleting cookies and signing back in made no difference.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And FWIW, old posts never seem to run out of edit time for me. I've even edited posts years old.

·
Administrator
21,985 Posts
Nope, brand new. I posted it and when I went to edit it within seconds, my cursor doesn't even change to a hand. But it does on the post right above it made hours ago. But then after I made another post, I was allowed to edit the post in question and the one just made here above. This has been happening for a few weeks now at random. And as I posted, deleting cookies and signing back in made no difference.
I'll tag a tech to see this thread (y)

Reactions: mp06011999

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
The post shows edit history but nothing looks changed. But it does show that an edit was made. Are you still unable to see the edit button?
Rectangle Font Circle Brand Logo

Nothing stands out as far as permissions. Its just that post in that thread?

-Mike

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The post shows edit history but nothing looks changed. But it does show that an edit was made. Are you still unable to see the edit button?
View attachment 651422

Nothing stands out as far as permissions. Its just that post in that thread?

-Mike
Please re-read how I described the issue. I was unable to edit it immediately. But was after I created another post.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Figured it out. If I change the zoom level of the screen, I can find a zoom that makes the 3 dots work. And the zoom that works is not always 100%. It can be 110% or 80 or 90%....

At the zoom levels that make the text box a different size than the others on the page is when the 3 dots quit working.

Here's a screenshot where the text box that is a different size, even though the screen is at 100%, the 3 dots don't work. They do for the posts above and below the odd sized box.
Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Software

We discovered a similar issue long ago that had to do with the ads I'm blocking with my settings. Privacy Badger and DDG privacy Essentials.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts