Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway to run the edge system with no dpf filter or cat with out the check engine light on I am looking for a system that is easy to use and guages built in is a plus

·
Registered
210 Posts
Is there anyway to run the edge system with no dpf filter or cat with out the check engine light on I am looking for a system that is easy to use and guages built in is a plus
Put electrical tape over the light??????????

Seriously, I don't know of a way at this time, to turn the CEL off; upon removing the DPF, without going in and altering the codes in the ECM. The Quad Stealth2 and EFI Live are the only two devices I am aware of that will remove the ECM codes and extinguish the CEL light.

I wish someone would come out with a Fingers Stick type mod for the DPF. I wish I was smart enough to design it. I think it would be hot seller.

Jim

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Put electrical tape over the light??????????

Seriously, I don't know of a way at this time, to turn the CEL off; upon removing the DPF, without going in and altering the codes in the ECM. The Quad Stealth2 and EFI Live are the only two devices I am aware of that will remove the ECM codes and extinguish the CEL light.

I wish someone would come out with a Fingers Stick type mod for the DPF. I wish I was smart enough to design it. I think it would be hot seller.

Jim
so pardon the dumb questions but can I run a stealth 2 on stock setting with dpf gone and use an Edge system as my tuner..

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I'm not sure how the quad works being that if you have to atleast have level I for the dpf delete, but I wouldn't see a problem stacking on the LMM. I've done it but not on my LMM yet.

·
Banned
4,035 Posts
yea . i think the ideal set up would be tune out the dpf with efi or hpt on a stock tune and then use th edge for your power levels should work pretty good. your just limited to what the edge power levels are but there pretty good any ways.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Edge with Stealth2

tee,

This is exactly what I am doing right now. I am running the Stealth2 in stock with dpf delete in order to turn off the CEL. Then, I select the HP level on the Juice. I have the Attitude monitor for my EGT and Boost as well as other parameters.

I also ordered the Insight, thinking I would install the Insight for all parameters including EGT when the probe comes out. But thus far, I am having some issues with getting the Insight working with my laptop.

I was considering selling the Juice/Attitude though and just go with the Stealth2. But if I can't get the Insight working on my laptop (driver issues) I may just return it and stay with the Juice and use as described above. I just hate to have that much invested in power and gauges. We're talking over $1,100 for the Stealth2 combined with the Juice/Attitude.

Regards,
Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts