Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
uncles truck keeps throwing the 0700 and 0735 shifts REAL harsh into 5th.
He keeps it on level 4,low boost 5 , defuel all. I never had this problem with mine. Any ideas? His only other mod is stock exhuast with cat and muff cut off. and egr unplugged.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
That's the edge unit I killed my trans with. Does it shift harsh when it's set to 0? Also is it the shift into 5th or when the TC locks? Not that it matters much since it sounds like he's due for some new parts.

·
Registered
114 Posts
if it does it all the time he has cooked the tranny. Did mine on 3/5, now i run on 2/3 and hope:(

·
Registered
259 Posts
Mines in the dealer right now for the 700 and 735. Coming home up a grade level 5 on the edge car cut me off, let off the pedal, then got on it hard and a harsh *pop*, no 5th gear and it felt like it was starting in 3rd coming off a line also. Turned the engine off for like 15 minutes and now drives fine, except the check engine light is still on.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Mines in the dealer right now for the 700 and 735. Coming home up a grade level 5 on the edge car cut me off, let off the pedal, then got on it hard and a harsh *pop*, no 5th gear and it felt like it was starting in 3rd coming off a line also. Turned the engine off for like 15 minutes and now drives fine, except the check engine light is still on.
Mods. We need a limp smiley.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yeah some old smiley with a cane

1 - 8 of 8 Posts