Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the gauges, the progaurd 7 air system, 4" banks monster exhaust.. I am now ready for for power increase.. I have scanned this site and another and edge seems to be a favorite ( I don't need to adjust for tire sizeor change speed limiter ect) I am concerned that there have been reports of "When I tried to pull out onto a highway my edge failed and truck stalled"" Is there some thing fundamentally wrong with this progra??? I am not much of a risk taker and like to go with established proven products, Is there enough data on Banks 6 gun as I don't see much discussion ( other than th 1% ers bashing, bragging) Should I wait or take a chance on. 1. banks 6 gun or 2. edge juice )I don't think I need atttitude as I'm alredy set up with gauges.. Thanks for your time....

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
I have had the HOT JUICE for over a year and was Juiced since June 2002....Had issues with v4.30 HOT, but that version is long gone along with any problems I had.

Edge makes a good product, sorry I have no experience with the BANKS six gun.....if you can wait the CA boys are rolling on a Dyno soon, they will heads up test all the current offerings.

A Quad 215, HOT OJ, TTS custom tune and Banks 6 Gun to name a few will be there.

Look around or PM some members, MIKE L & Diesel POWER would be my bet.

T
NYEdited by: GMC-2002-Dmax

·
Banned
394 Posts
GOTTA EDGE AND ATTITUDE WORKS GREAT ALMOST ALL THE TIME EXCEPT FOR A COUPLE OF TIMES IT STALLED ON ME....ALLMOST GOT KILLED BUT I DIDNT...SO I AM OK...OH YEAH !! THEN THERE WAS THE OTHER TIME CHRISTMAS DAY WHEN I WAS WAY OUT IN THE COUNTY ALMOST CUT MY HAND OFF AND MY WIFE WAS DRIVING ME TO THE "ER" AND IT WAS CUTTING OUT AND TRYIN TO GO DEAD THE WHOLE TRIP WHEN I WAS FILLING UP THE HUSKY LINER IN THE FLOORBOARD FULL OF BLOOD...WAS WONDERING IF I WAS GONNA CALL ONSTAR ON THAT TRIP IF IT WENT DEAD.....GUESS THATS WHY THEY PUT IT ON THERE

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
never mind the bullsh*t above the edge is as smooth and reliable as it gets............banks at this point is unproven but from the looks of their charts would be the equivalent of the 90 hp juice........pNUTT you got relatives in alabama?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I agree, Edge has proven results. And as for the Banks Six Gun, its only been available for a while. I have'nt seen or heard of any problems with the six gun. And most want to use the dyno as the guide to gauge on. While the dyno shows numbers, it does not sure reliabilty, I have the edge attititude. I am happy with it, it does make power, and I have'nt had any problems with it.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
sdaver said:
never mind the bullsh*t above the edge is as smooth and reliable as it gets............banks at this point is unproven but from the looks of their charts would be the equivalent of the 90 hp juice........pNUTT you got relatives in alabama?

Listen to the Superman ,not just because he has tried everything out there so I heard butt he knows his whorsepower ....

It is well liked by many including myself .... The Juice has always put down or exceeded power levels advertised ...

Soon Nick will be able to offer a report on the six gun ... He's welcome to send it East and I'll try it out ...

I believe one or more have tried it and reported it was smooth and delivered ample power .... Whether or not the advertised power is delivered remains untested as of today that I'm aware of ...

Mac Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've got Juice and Attitude and love it. from what I can tell for the guys who have had problems Edge was more than helpful in their customer service. Also if ya go with the Attitude you can adjust the power "on the Fly" Don't know about how the six gun works but I read all the post and went with the juice and have no regrets.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had some juice problems but Con and Edge were very quick to correct this. I believe you can have glitches on any system just make sure you are dealing with a first rate service vendor and you'll be OK. TheJuice/Attitude is unreal! So much power so easy.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I know nothing about the Banks 6 Gun box, but Banks has been doing this for a long time so their product SHOULD be fine once proven.

I have the Edge/Attitude combo and have never been so impressed in the “Most Bang for the Buck” factor. Except for just some getting use to the added power, I have had no problems and have about 5k on the clock with the Juice.

I am a heavy footed driver and have always owned and built performance cars. This has been the most reliable, least amount of $$ spent for performance item I have ever bolted on any car.

Level 3-4 are impressive; level 5 is hang on to your hats good. I cant wait to get some track time and dyno time this summer.

I also own a lightly modified C5 Corvette and I’m putting this truck into the same category for “fun to drive” vehicles. I’m willing to bet that up to 90 mph, the truck would at least keep up with the Vette and may take it.

Guess I will have to look into stacking a Predator to get rid of the speed limiter.

Does the Banks offer on the fly adjustments along with tranny adjustability and protection?

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
the Banks does have a 6 position adjustable rotary knob so you can change it on the fly. it is supposed to monitor tranny slip as well. i know it runs 2 wires to the TCM.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Diesel Power said:
the Banks does have a 6 position adjustable rotary knob so you can change it on the fly. it is supposed to monitor tranny slip as well. i know it runs 2 wires to the TCM.

Nick

Your last sentence makes me want to ask the difficulty of the install ....

Mac

·
Banned
394 Posts
sorry to step on your toes super know it all but mine cuts out....only ever now and then but i am ok with it......its a great product couldnt ask for anything better......wouldnt trade it for 5 overpriced banks anything........

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Probably a good idea to wait for some comparisons from those who have run both. A load dyno will give some honest results, along with seat of the pants and real world use. Both companies have good reputations. Edge has had the "edge" for power claims and a great product but, Banks is a big company with big $ and I wouldn't count them out. Some people refuse to believe anything else could be better than what they currently own. So make sure you base your decision on unbiased reports. You don't want to choose because fo what someone who has their tongue in Edge's crack or Bank's crack says.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts