Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you installed the edge juice w/attitude controller yourself? Is it really hard or should I have a shop do it so that the warranty is still good. Or does that not matter?

·
Registered
287 Posts
The edge is actually pretty easy to do i think. ive helped a couple friends do thiers and i thought the worst part was drillin the manifold. but honestly this is somethin just about anyone can do. just take your time and follow the directions. found the edge much easier to hook up then a six gun. As for warranty do u mean truck warranty or edge warranty. if u mean edge as far as i know its warrantied regardless who puts it in. but now truck warranty that one is kinda up to the dealer.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
installation is a breeze and they will replace anything with no questions asked, but the installation is fool proof really. The connectors only go one way so they cannot be hooked up incorrectly. If you have any more questions directly related to Edge you might contact them.. www.edgeproducts.com

otherwise, make sure you read the Edge manual cover to cover, install, and have fun!

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
As said before, the only thing even remotely difficult is the manifold tapping. That's also quite simple if you take your time and do your homework by reading the directions and getting the right tools.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Its a very easy to follow installation, plug and play type.

Please be careful as to who you purchase your Edge from, especially if you purchase on eBay. Some warranties will not be honored from certain so called dealers. I would strongly suggest purchase through an advertising vendor listed here.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Don't Do This!!!!!

When marking where to drill your hole in the manifold, make sure you are not too close to the manifold bolt. I make thatCensored mistake and had to fudge the fitting a bit.:(

·
Registered
167 Posts
CAKE!! very easy just did it last week. I also mount the Attitude in a great spot can get a picture if you want more info.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was reading the edge manual, and it says to drill the exhaust manifold before the turbo, then when finished to start the engine and let it idle for like 5-15 minutes or something like that. I would think that all those metal shavings would get into the turbo. Anybody else find this kinda weird? Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
You should start the engine and let it idle just before you are about to drill all the way through.

That way there's plenty of pressure to blow all the chips out.

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
Yeah, idle the engine while you're drilling. Make sure to wear safety glasses tho, the chips really blow out of there...

--Ben

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Where in NorCal are you? It is really a very simple install, but if you werent too far from me I'd galdly come over and offer some guidance or a hand if needed.
Jake

·
Registered
190 Posts
I magnetized the drill bit and drilled it with the engine off. The bit collected just about all of the shavings. After the hole was drilled I then magnetized a punch and stuck it in the hole to get the remaining shavings out, then I ran the truck for about 2 minutes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I magnetized the drill bit and drilled it with the engine off. The bit collected just about all of the shavings. After the hole was drilled I then magnetized a punch and stuck it in the hole to get the remaining shavings out, then I ran the truck for about 2 minutes.

Great Idea!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Allen wrench

I used a magnet on a allen wrench and put the short end in the hole and turned it around a few times w/ cleaning it off in between....worked great!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts