Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can have the Tranny Temp show on the read-out. I see that there is another temp listed on the display options but do not know what it is for or how to add to it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think the other temp you are talking about is the "mod temp" maybe. From my understanding that is the internal temp for the edge box under the hood.

dave

·
Registered
28 Posts
there is a trans slip but i don't think there is a temp,.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Does anyone know if you can have the Tranny Temp show on the read-out. I see that there is another temp listed on the display options but do not know what it is for or how to add to it. Any ideas?
Pg 24 of edge 'tude manual ~ EGT, Eng coolant, intake air and tranny.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. The Mod Temp is what I was looking at. Man, it would be nice if they could provide the Tranny Temp as an Option!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
For your 04, tranny temp is avail. For us w/01~02 owners, it won't function.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My replacement unit does show mod temp and tranny temp but I don't get any readings...wtf! Wonder if the tude needs something turned on? Maybe I should call them.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Tranny temp shows on mine, and works. However, I don't remember seeing a mod temp though... Gotta love all these different versions of the 'tude out there...

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
My replacement unit does show mod temp and tranny temp but I don't get any readings...wtf! Wonder if the tude needs something turned on? Maybe I should call them.
There was the mod temp on my old/former juice (I haven't seen it on the newer V1.0 unit). I had asked 3 different reps and all the d'max forums that I'm aware of. No interest indicated by the forums then but their techs offered 1. it was for manf/internal production testing only, 2. was for LLY only and 3. I can't recall. I gave up on the issue when the replacement came w/intake (eng bay) temp, coolant temp and of course the tranny temp which doesn't benefit us 01/02 owners. I can see where the mod temp could benefit failure analysis but in theory we should never have to be concerned/involved in that anyway as it shouldn't be experiencing temp related failures ~ in theory anyway.

Guess I'll need to look at my unit again ~ I haven't noticed it on my replacement unit.

ON EDIT: Just chkd and the new replacement unit (V1.0) doesn't have the Mod Temp. Neither is it addressed in the pamphlet/manual. I'm guessing you have the discontinued V4.8i ? FWIW, my 'tude version is 1.30P and telcon w/edge tech Jared confirmed that it is the latest version.

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
Good Grief.

Are all of these new features on the Attitude only? I still have the original ATTITUDE KMH/MPH selectable. And the first revision.

Still no issues in perf for me

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Good Grief.

Are all of these new features on the Attitude only? I still have the original ATTITUDE KMH/MPH selectable. And the first revision.

Still no issues in perf for me
Yeh ~ its something. Sitting here wondering what/how to use the Barametric Pressure hg ~

1 - 11 of 11 Posts