Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From those who are using it and towing, I am towing a 10k TT and just got my Edge juice no attitude. :ro)

I am running level 3 on normal and have it set to level 2 for tow/haul mode.

Question is, on level 2 towing, is it too much for a stock tranny with this much weight? I don't want to have to upgrade the tranny........yet. ):h
I am saving for a Suncoast but haven't got that much cash yet and don't want to trash the tranny here in a few weeks when I go to Oklahoma.
Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thats what I use, should be ok if you don't dog it. A lot of the members use it on #2 for towing, and a lot more weight than 10,000#.

·
Registered
214 Posts
4800 mile trip coast to coast, 23,800 lbs GCW, level 2. No problems just make sure you are paying attention to what the right foot is doing. I have the edge set to defuel all locked shifts, defuel when reaching 1350 deg egt. I try to pay attention to load and as it approaches 97-98% (attitude) I'll ease off a little till it shifts then back into the throttle. 58,000 miles and only problems where the A/C TSB (A/C works great now), drive shaft clunk (new yoke) and intermediate steering shaft clunk. Replaced shaft but clunk back after about 1 year/10,000 miles. Got my lube kit and will grease it soon. Otherwise no problems.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I used it for more than a year before the attitude was out on level 2 for towing. I carried 12,000-15,000lbs on average for 70,000km along with some drag racing on level 4 at the strip. When I craked the tranny open to install the shift kit, the 3 clutchpacks I saw were like new.

So yes; you sould be just fine.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I used it for more than a year before the attitude was out on level 2 for towing. I carried 12,000-15,000lbs on average for 70,000km along with some drag racing on level 4 at the strip. When I craked the tranny open to install the shift kit, the 3 clutchpacks I saw were like new.

So yes; you sould be just fine.
Thanks for your input Maxter. I've only been on one towing trip so far, about 1000 miles, from IL to FL, towing 14k (21k GCW) and had no problems in level 2. Mostly flat trip, but some was through mountains in Tennessee. --Paul.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the input. I eventually plan to upgrade the tranny but didn't want to chance frying it right now. I shall tow in peace now.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I'd recommend a pyro or the attitude so you can monitor EGT's. Then you can really tow in peace.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I'd recommend a pyro or the attitude so you can monitor EGT's. Then you can really tow in peace.
His signatures says he has Autometer Procomp gauges... But you are correct-- anyone towing needs pyro, and boost guage is not a bad idea either. --Paul.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts