Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK well i was already to buy the edge juice with attitude but now i am kinda scared with all these post i've seen in the last couple of days just wondering what direction i should go i now any help would be great thanks again

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
the edge box is a good product that makes good power, and the attitude monitor is way cool. mine had shut down twice and just sent it in today to get reprogrammed for no charge. if you are looking for a easy to use unit that makes good power go for the edge.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
3 years outta mine. not a single shut down. only problem i've had is the pyro sensor took a dump on me in november of 06. but thats kinda expected with a sensor that lives in the exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I love it and it is easy to use. The power change on the fly is real nice feature, especially if you like racing around, then have to tow like I do.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Send a PM to Nick at NorCalTruck (1SIC250). Or call him at the shop..925.447.7800
Hes a vendor here and a EDGE Platinum Dealer.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Ive had them on a LB7, a LLY and now a LBZ. I have never had a major problem with any of them. Only issue I had once was a thermocouple, I called Edge and they sent me a new one. Back before the monitor was available I had a analog EGT gauge that had a thermocouple go bad as well, so I think it may be just the nature of such a sensor. Each of my trucks have towed heavy, and been used in temperatures as cold as -10°F in the winter to 100°F+ in the summer. But, take it for what its worth, not every truck is the same, so not every truck reacts the same. Your results may vary! :D

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
J Mitchell,

I have been BETA testing the EDGE product now for nearly 8 months and had done some early stuff back in 2002. They are committed to identifying the various issues that have surfaced. They have sent me modules with specific failures to see if they have identified the problem and it did exactly what we expected. I am running BETA test 9 now. This one is working perfectly to date. It is not a released version at this time.

One thing I would like to say about EDGE as a company, They are easy to work with and stand behind their product. Although sometimes inconvenient when it may act up, we ALL have to remember each truck is different and reacts different. Asking any company to come out with a power enhancer that will work on everything in every situation is a daunting task.

I have been running an EDGE since early 2002 long before the attitude came out. I have gone through many iterations with them. I can say this, when I have the module out I notice it right away. I miss the crisper trans shifts, the power off idle and the overall performance when out on the road.

Also bear in mind that people usually come to websites when they have encountered a problem. They are looking for either validation or answers. That is what makes the www so great. But I would not be worried about using the EDGE. it is a solid product and there are more people out there using them without issues than the few that have posted their finding here or on other sites.

BTW, I do not work for EDGE. I am privateer that likes tinkering and offered my time to test and help them resolve various troubles. The beauty is, if you do suffer a problem, you simply pull over and in 5 minutes you remove the module and the truck runs back to factory settings. The EDGE is by far the easiest power module to use.

Best of luck on any power enhancer you choose

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
I too have had very good luck with Edge. I have one for every truck and then some.):h

I believe they have a firm commitment to make their product the best it can be.:thumb:

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I on the other hand this is the fifth box me. I guess it is my engine....only time will tell if the version 5.2 fixed the problem. If they did not stand behind their product I would have been gone after the first one went bad.

Duramax Dually, dude it takes you five minutes to get back to stock? I can have mine done in one minute. :p: :D ;)

·
Registered
330 Posts
I like my Edge and have missed it while it was away for reflashing (or whatever they did).

Definitely got back the same Edge and Attitude I sent them as the velcro is right where I put it on and the green clip on the Attitude connector has the same break in it that I did taking it off.

Now looking forward to putting it back in. Just that it's cold out right now and I don't have a garage :(

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
just sent mine out yesterday, dang, that thing feels so slow right now! cant wait to have it back in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yea!
I know what you mean, I just sent mine out last week and it's due back tomorrow! I had it since 2002 with no problems, but I just bought an "A2", and I need the green connector so they are going to upgrade me to the latest juice Box for $250 and start a new warranty :)

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
billygoat7c;1592974; said:
just sent mine out yesterday, dang, that thing feels so slow right now! cant wait to have it back in.
That is a true statement...these trucks are dogs without the Edge or anything for that matter. :eek::

·
Registered
200 Posts
Well, my story is a little different. I bought a used module only (no attitude) from a forum member and it was dead. I didn't notice any power difference and the confirmation feedback wasn't working. I called Edge support and they tried to troubleshoot it but no confirmation either. So, they told me to send it in. That was middle of October. They gave me an RMA#. Over time, I kept checking on the status of the RMA and finally I just got my new Edge module replacement v5.2, built on 1/3/07. Received it on Jan 22nd. It took a while to get but I wasn't complaining since I paid $150 for the module and the longer I waited more bugs got fixed out of the unit...
Anyway, plugged it in and set it to level 3 and man!!!! What a kick in the pants... It was bitter sweet to roast those expensive tires that I just put on for a small fortune... I don't think I could ever go back to stock. Right now, mileage isn't so good. After the honeymoon period with the new found power wears off, I'd like to see what kind of mileage I can get out of it. It feels like a daunting task because that "pinned in your seat" feeling is most addictive...

Sorry for babbling on, my only point is that Edge stood by their product for me, a second hand owner...

I had those mixed feelings too before I got mine. But, for what I paid for mine, I took the chance and from what I've been reading. No shutdown issues to worry about with v5.2... Knock on wood...

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
The truth is, Edge's committment to customer service is truely second to none. I have never seen any other company offering to cover out of warranty units to any extent, much less the way Edge has.

The key here is patience.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I echo the comments on Edge's customer service.

However, after shutdown problems with 4 boxes, I decided to try something else on my daily/only driver. Sold the last new box Edge shipped to me.

If they do ever get it right, I may jump back on the wagon. On the fly adjustment sure was convenient.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
No Wake: well you are right, if you remove and leave in the engine compartment it take a minute or less. I have a special TC wiring set up from my early edge and I have to unscrew it to remove it entirely.

Glad to see some folks are using 5.2V. That is the one I have been testing for quite sometime. I have not had any issues with mine with that version.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
the money you spend on edge could be spent on efi. You'll be happier with Efi.

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
LarryJewell;1593980; said:
the money you spend on edge could be spent on efi. You'll be happier with Efi.
That's a pretty broad statement, and has not really been true in my case.

I have EFI Live, a couple of Kennedy ECM's, some Edge boxes, and some Predators. I'm sure EFI will win me over in time, but so far it still flusters me a little. For the average guy with limited knowledge and time, the Edge/Predator style power adders may still be a very good way to go.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Diesel Dually;1593390; said:
The truth is, Edge's committment to customer service is truely second to none. I have never seen any other company offering to cover out of warranty units to any extent, much less the way Edge has.

The key here is patience.
Should'nt have to worry about customer service if they made a decent product. People buy a product that is suppose to work and not shut your vehicle down.

They know what their problem is, but refuse to fix it. Cough cough crystal boards.

Out of all the boxes avail, who has the most problems? Answer Edge.

The NTSB needs to crack the whip over this issue.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts