Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this may have been talked about in great length before; But does edge leave a traceable mark on the ECM like a downloader type of programmer? I have tried to read up on this and even used the search function to look (under: edge footprint, edge stain, footprint, stain, etc.), but havent ever found a direct answer. If this has been covered please let me know what topic to start reading or where i can find the answer. My apologies for a "dumb question."

Thanks for swingin by and reading!

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
No

The only foot print is the Velcro! :D

The Edge Juice intercepts the signal from the ECM

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
I do remember there was this guy Broker who said that there was a Edge detector,he never came through with proof,he was famous for that.

No proof :D

The only way the dealer will know is if you tell them or go into service with it plugged in.Just remember you toast your Alley you shouldn't expect GM to foot the bill.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I put mine on the cross member brkt with zip ties, So I don’t even have velco.

·
Registered
63 Posts
couldn't it leave an "overboost" code?

·
Registered
266 Posts
It shouldn't, I think edge is pretty good at preventing that from happening. If it does leave an overboost code, how are they going to prove it's from edge or anything else.

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
There was an overboost condition way back when, but it was long ago. The only other "foot print" possible would be the small wiring rub marks on the intercooler tube.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
That's what the Predator in the back seat is for :D

A code is a code there are many ways to have gotten it.The Juice box is a Excellent plug and play easily removed box IMO.

I still have one! :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just remember you toast your Alley you shouldn't expect GM to foot the bill.
I will try not to toast the tranny. Im sure that they can tell you that its not under warranty because they know that a stock truck shouldnt be able to make it slip huh?

·
Registered
123 Posts
My wife had a beetle that would through overboost all the time and it ws bone stock. I thing it ended up being a vacuum line

dave

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That sounds like it would make sense. If you have a vacuum leak that could cause a lot of different conditions/problems depending on where the leak is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts