Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody is running the edge on stage 4 continuously without any back down or problems (Empty). My 05 Dmax is stock except the edgejuice/attitude. I seen that several guys seem to be stacking mods -OK ?:grd:

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
If by stock you mean no exhaust, you will need it. I run the Edge a lot and run alot more than the recomended 90HP increase over stock, but that is playing with fire. If you are going to do it, make sure you stay out of the downshifts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the exhaust is stock. I'm a little gun shy of major mods. Exhaust is next on the list of adds, any recomendations? I plan on driving this one for ten years and would like it to be problem free, as it has been.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
get the exhaust and also get guages, while you're at it please create a signature with year, make model and mods.

any time you add a tuner for power you will need exhaust to compensate for the high EGT's you'll get. Edge recommends not using levels 4 and 5 unless you have tranny mods done, or you risk hurting the Allison. You'll need the gauges to keep an eye on EGT's, Boost, etc..

·
Registered
320 Posts
get the exhaust and also get guages, while you're at it please create a signature with year, make model and mods.

any time you add a tuner for power you will need exhaust to compensate for the high EGT's you'll get. Edge recommends not using levels 4 and 5 unless you have tranny mods done, or you risk hurting the Allison. You'll need the gauges to keep an eye on EGT's, Boost, etc..
My truck must be the exception. I just added the predator 2.02 65hp tune on Friday and I have yet to see my EGT's climb above 1300. I've done many stomps on the gas pedal from 40 - 80+ on the highway and it's running smooth and cool.

I have no other performance mods except the EGR unplugged (which really isn't performance)and the predator.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I was wondering if anybody is running the edge on stage 4 continuously without any back down or problems (Empty). My 05 Dmax is stock except the edgejuice/attitude. I seen that several guys seem to be stacking mods -OK ?:grd:
The only problem with running stage 4 or 5, is edge has no protection at those levels. Protection meaning in stages 1, 2, & 3, the Edge "de-fuels" when transmission slippage is detected, protecting you from transmission damage. Stages 4 & 5 are assuming you modified your transmission to compensate for the added power and therefore the protection is no longer needed. I, myself stacked Predator with the Edge Juice, never taking Edge above level 3 and thus keeping my protection until I can afford a Suncoast IV. I can't wait 'til that day! :ro)

On edit... You asked if anyone has run 4 with no back down... There's NO backdown with stage 4 or 5!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts