Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has others had their EDGE/Attitude shut down when it is cold? This is my fouth box, all the others shut down when it was hot. However there was other problems also. Three times so far the three shut downs happened when I came off the throttle. No other warnings just shutting down and acting like it was running out of fuel. Turned the key off and it would start right back up without any other problems. I am going to call EDGE when I get home.Thanks for any help!Rick

·
Registered
514 Posts
NoWake200;1559966; said:
Has others had their EDGE/Attitude shut down when it is cold? This is my fouth box, all the others shut down when it was hot. However there was other problems also. Three times so far the three shut downs happened when I came off the throttle. No other warnings just shutting down and acting like it was running out of fuel. Turned the key off and it would start right back up without any other problems. I am going to call EDGE when I get home.Thanks for any help!Rick
Do a search on this site there is everything under the sun about Edge. I am on my eighth box which is a BETA test version for the LB7. I have not had any problems thus far (two months) but all of the previous versions (non-Beta versions) failed at some point even when cold. Contact Edge and see what they can do for you...Jim

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
Jabs;1560542; said:
Do a search on this site there is everything under the sun about Edge. I am on my eighth box which is a BETA test version for the LB7. I have not had any problems thus far (two months) but all of the previous versions (non-Beta versions) failed at some point even when cold. Contact Edge and see what they can do for you...Jim
Good god man...

It took me 3 boxes to learn.

Edge is a good product. It just didnt wortk for me.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Unit453;1560546; said:
Good god man...

It took me 3 boxes to learn.

Edge is a good product. It just didnt wortk for me.
There customer service has been awesome and the last two Beta Units have worked great so I am happy to have helped them solve their problem. I love the units functionalities at the touch of your finger.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jabs, I am going to give them a call tomorrow. Their CS has been great in the past...I am sure it will continue when I call tomorrow. If they send me a new box and now reading an updated Attitude this will make number 5.

I will let you know how it goes.

Rick

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unit453 how do you like the Predator? Can you read "balance rates" with the box and I have read it also ups the speed limiter.

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
You can read balance rates. Actually it reads all kinds of data from the motor as you're tooling down the road.

I love the predator and would highly reccomend it.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
mine has shut down twice in ten degrees. sending it in this week hopefully

·
Registered
313 Posts
Nowake2000
By any chance did you have your wipers on (intermittent) cycle at anytime prior to shut down?

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
billygoat7c;1561251; said:
mine has shut down twice in ten degrees. sending it in this week hopefully
Glad to see I am not alone and tomorrow I am going to give Edge a call.

RanaExcavating;1561254; said:
Nowake2000
By any chance did you have your wipers on (intermittent) cycle at anytime prior to shut down?
Only once in freezing rain, the other two times it was nice and sunny.

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
Mine failed with the wipers intermittent and 23 degrees out.

Waiting for the call back.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I explained to the folks at Edge that the only time mine has shut down is when the wipers were on. It rained during the first three days after I received the replacement box and attitude and it shut down 8 times. 4 days of sunny cold weather after that and no shut down. When it rained again (with wipers on) it shut down several more times. Been running for 10 days now without any rain and it hasn't shut down since.

I think the frequency of the intermittent cycle is causing interference with the Edge module.

Oh and by the way their customer service is outstanding.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What version do you guys have?

·
Registered
514 Posts
NoWake200;1562328; said:
What version do you guys have?
I have had I think every previous version to the Beta's for the LB7 and they have all failed some sooner than others. I never noticed a problem with the windhield wipers but the boxes would just act up or shut down at random. I would immediately unplug them and drive for a week or so and then call edge when the problem disappeared. They have always sent me a newer version. Then finally they called and asked me to test some boxes and the last two have worked fine. I think they are up to ver 5.2 and mine is in my sig. I hear both versions are working for the LB7. Although it is not hot yet but the previous versions even acted up in the winter however I do not ever see as cold a temps as some of you. Shorts weather here in AZ..Jim

·
Registered
313 Posts
Without looking at the box I know the build date was January 4, 2007

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
build date--10/5/06
version 3.1

·
Registered
179 Posts
I just purchased an Edge Juice w/ Attitude from another member. I don't have it yet.

This thread worries me. Is the Juice / Attitude really this big of a piece of crap??? Keeps shutting down? Does that mean the truck stops running?
Did I just spend money on a big POS ??

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
no, they work good-when they work. some people have them never shut down, some have them always shut down. it really does work good, and add good power. when it shuts down the truck dies, just pull to the side of the road and restart and it runs fine.

·
Registered
179 Posts
billygoat7c;1562864; said:
when it shuts down the truck dies, just pull to the side of the road and restart and it runs fine.
Not cool! When driving on a 2 lane road, twisty, up and down hills, blind curves, no shoulders --- basically every road in Tenn. that isn't an interstate. Towing and have it shutdow ? That may mean getting molested by a semi truck.

Guess I will have to let this thing earn it's assurance with me. The previous owner said he only had problems with it twice, during idle / stop conditions, over 80K miles. I take his word, but it's posts like this that will keep prospective buyers going somewhere else.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My version was 2.1.

I called Edge today and the Attitude and Juice is the mail. Their CS is great and that is truly what keeps me going back. The will stand behind their product 100%. However this is a VERY DANGEROUS problem not to mention very frustrating. I have mixed emotions.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts