Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Have to remove the edge juice and attitude, have an oil leak, anyways...Removed the module and attitude. Truck will start fo 3 seconds and shutoff, "SVC 4WD" shows up on the DIC. Any ideas???
Please help, cannot get the truck to run for more than 3 seconds.

Chris

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not think its fuel filter, as I drove 300 miles before I removed module. Went to restart, and it ran for 3 seconds, then "SVC 4WD" came on, and engine shuts down.

At a loss here so far, trying battery disconnected for 20 minutes, see if that helps. No luck so far

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
Im sure someone here will be able to help you out. With over 47,000 members, someone has to know.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Did you try leaving your key in the ignition in the on position for 10 minutes then turning key off then trying to restart? I am thinking possibly the Passlock got tripped. Usually you can tell by if it is Passlock by the security light blinking during the few seconds it actually runs. It is a shot in the dark, but..........

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DBUNN,

You mean with battery connected? Leavre key in accessory for 10 minutes? Then turn off, and restart?

I noticed, the interior lights won't come on, and the radio is off, backlight is on, but not operable.

Maybe thats it?

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
Sounds like you have a blown fuze or relay somewhere. Electrical short maybe. At least we're getting somewhere.

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Check all the fuses under the hood and under the side panel by the drivers door, then go from there. Sounds like a fuse to me. Might have crossed something taking it out.

·
Registered
830 Posts
possilbly the connectors under the hood, those terminals are only good to disconnect like three times. possible bad connection is were i would be headed!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the help. The fuse where the turbo timer hooks up, where you bridge it with the edge installed, the female receptacle was opened a bit wider, which did not allow for good contact. I touched it with my finger and...whallah, dome light worked, etc... Truck runs.

Now off to dealer to deal with oil leaks, have some oil at rear seal, may just be blow by, as I have a bypass oil filter installed, who knows...also it seems that a transmission return line (cooler line) up front left side, is leaking some pink stuff, so....more to follow. At least the edge is removed and they can't gimme a hard time for that, wrapped the EGT cable, and will tell the dealer that I found the leaks while installing the EGT gage.

Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts