Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 05 lly has the edge juice and attitude monitor. everything was working fine till this am, i started it up and the egt alert went off and was reading 2100 degrees. it had sat over night in the garage and it was about 20 degrees out. the truck runs fine. the egt are all over the place. normal driving seems to bring the egt back down to normal range however at a stop the egt goes back up thru the roof. has anyone else experienced this problem???? could the pyrometer be bad??? please help.. i will be calling edge 1st thing monday morning for their advice.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I would guess either the wires are shorting together from the egt to the box or a bad egt. If not that maybe the module?

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
my 05 lly has the edge juice and attitude monitor. everything was working fine till this am, i started it up and the egt alert went off and was reading 2100 degrees. it had sat over night in the garage and it was about 20 degrees out. the truck runs fine. the egt are all over the place. normal driving seems to bring the egt back down to normal range however at a stop the egt goes back up thru the roof. has anyone else experienced this problem???? could the pyrometer be bad??? please help.. i will be calling edge 1st thing monday morning for their advice.
Make sure the Thermocouple connections where the probe cable connects to the Juice module aren't shorted together or touching anything. It's preferable to wrap these with electrical tape or heat shrink tubing. If that isn't it contact Edge.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for replies... i called edge tofday. they said unhook the two wires from the pyrometer into the juice module. start the truck and the attitude screen shoul;d read a default onthe egt of 160-17- deegrees or so. if this occurs.. it is the pyrometer probe that is bad. if the egt had gone thru the roof agin than it would be the juice module itself. help is on the way... edge mailed me a new probe today , they were very helpful thru there tech support.

·
Registered
412 Posts
They sure do......Those guys won't leave you hanging! :)

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
They sure do......Those guys won't leave you hanging! :)
FWIW, they may have great customer service, but it sounds like they really need it, considering all the Edge problems I've read about by members on this forum. Their QC must have some holes in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts