Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will my stock california truck handle the hot edge? I read 1 post from a cali user that said his was handling it fine. His theory is the cali trucks were lower power then the 48 staters.

Should I buy the edge or hot edge?

·
Registered
654 Posts
I'm running a Hot Juice on an 01 Cali truck. No EGR or cat. Never limped (maybe just lucky). Love it. Nutin but fun! Soon to get some Attitude.

·
Vendor
9,678 Posts
The Attitude monitor makes it more of a non issue as you can scale back the low boost fueling just which is what the Juice CA tuning basically does.

No need to go past 125 w/o transmission help.

Cali trucks seem to make the same peak to peak numbers as the Federals do...

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
My first Juice was a regular, with the EGR it really smokes! Like Kennedy said, the tude takes care of the issue. Being that I've driven the same truck with and without the EGR and Cat, I can tell you that it doesn't really make a difference. Kinda like the whole 03s are down on power thing.

You souldn't go past 125 W/O a beefed tranny? OOOPPS!!

If you stick with the regular, you sould be fine. Even the hot can't be too bad...look how long the sockers held out for Mac and Mike Tomac with the beatings they gave them.

Ox

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Problem Child,

Lets get together some weekend and you can try mine. Hot OJ and/or Hot Attitude. I love this plug and play stuff!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts