Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking of buying the edge att w/monitor. is the monitor as accurate as gauges or not ?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Not as accurate, but if you just buy the edge/att. and do nothing else with the truck you will be fine. When you start stacking you run into problems.

On edit the Att. adds lev 5.

Its boost gauge maxs out at 28.8 psi so it will only show that high, when in reality if you are running hard (unlikey with just the edge/att combo) you could run higher boosts than that. The boost read out will be the only problem area.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so should i by the monitor or get gauges

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
You get Level 5 if you buy the Attitude, and the readouts are close enough if you're running those power levels.

If you start going banzai with power, you really should use separate gauges....

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
Very Accurate on all functions... EXCEPT turbo boost.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
so should i by the monitor or get gauges
Get the monitor. Without it changing power levels is a pain. I have one in my truck and I like to monitor the transmission gear, if the torque converter is locked, the amount of torque converter slippage, and the coolant temps. There are lots of other things you can watch also. Without the pyrometer probe it will not monitor the EGT’s and de-fuel if you run too hot. That is a nice safety feature. I have an Auto Meter pyrometer and boost on the pillar also.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks that was very informative. i'll get the monitor and maybe a seppperate boost gauge if i start monkeying with the boost (boost stick).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.