Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
In an effort to make the feedback data easy to read, i'd like to divide it into a few threads.

This thread will be used for open discussion regarding the LLY Juice, please talk amongst yourselves in here. Use this thread to discuss functions, quarter mile times etc.

There will be another thread for you to outline current problems you are having.

thanks again,
Rob

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
Rob, I noticed something unusually today. I was pulling a hill in 1 and losing speed. I kicked it up to 2 and no change. Tried 3 and 4 also. Before when ever I switched loaded I could feel a definite difference. I went to 0 and then back to 1 and felt it then.

Is this normal?

·
Registered
954 Posts
i notice that this beta version is a lot more smooth on the power.the old one i had was kinda like a two stroke,you had to keep it in its power band.this one is smooth from the start

·
Registered
954 Posts
i was reading the owners manual today and i noticed that this also adjusts injection timing.so im wondering how much does it adjust.after my piston cracking episode with another vendors product. im in no hurry to tear my motor down again.so i guess what im asking is,is it safe?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I've been noticing egt temps 1400+ while pulling up hills. Thats in level 1.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Also, we set the max egt temp at 1400 and went over that a few times. Is that normal?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately 1400 degrees is pretty normal with a heavy load on an LLY.

As for injection timing, it is done in a conservative manner. As long as you aren't pulling the rig in your Avatar on Level 5 WOT you should be just fine.

·
Registered
954 Posts
im pulling the rig in my avatar,but on level 3.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Ok, last night I started noticing a louder than normal engine knock @ about 1500 rpm. I pulled the edge and havent heard it since.

·
Registered
954 Posts
rick should be tired of knocking motors by now.:D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mr.FiXiT said:
Ok, last night I started noticing a louder than normal engine knock @ about 1500 rpm. I pulled the edge and havent heard it since.

What power level, and what load%? Any idea?

Also, did it just start all of the sudden, or was it a noise that got progressively louder?

·
Registered
318 Posts
All levels,empty, all of a sudden from what I can tell. Only been driving this truck since monday. My father said he never heard it, but I hear stuff like that better nowadays.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Mr.FiXiT said:
Ok, nevermind this post. I just heard the knock with no edge installed. Sorry Rob.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Anyone else? Seems when running on level 6 the motor is bouncing off the rev limiter during shifts. It seems like forever for it to shift. I actually get a Vroom-Vroom-Vroom between shifts.

·
Registered
954 Posts
i didnt get a code to unlock level 6 with mine.but i did have that happen with my 02 truck when the tires were spinning.tranny couldnt shift fast enough.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.