Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
programmer is locked up.

Ok, I have not had any issues yet until Friday. I cannot get the programmer to return the truck to stock. When you press the programming button, the programmer freezes and wont due anything. It finally faults out and tells you to unplug it. I cant update the programmer online, as it keeps telling me to return the truck to stock. Any ideas? And by the way. THANKS!!

· Registered
58 Posts
Problem with programmer

Help! When I try to update my programmer, it freezes and wont do anything. It eventually faults out and says to unplug it and try again. I cant udpate the programmer until the truck is returned to stock so I am stuck. Any ideas? And Thanks!

· Registered
58 Posts
It cycles normally and goes to the display screen. Every other menu works properly but when you click on Performance, it freezes right there. You can call me direct if you want 775-217-3205 Thank you. -John

· Registered
438 Posts
Took truck to dealer for a little work now I just went to put a program in. It took it forever to save stock files then finially after 10 minutes or so it gave me a error 36. Told me to disconnect the unit then reconnect to have the files programmed back to stock

· Registered
58 Posts
Thanks Rob, do you think they will be able to call today?

· Registered
40 Posts
yamahaviper;1426098; said:
Thanks Rob, do you think they will be able to call today?
I just got back from Vacation. If Rob or Monte have not taken care of this, please call Rob who will transfer you to me and I'll make sure you're taken care of!! If anyone else if having problems other than how the truck runs (calibrations) please call Rob and I'll make sure I solve your issues. You guys are doing a great job with your feedback. Thanks!
- Jay

· Registered
40 Posts
dmaxhd;1426067; said:
Took truck to dealer for a little work now I just went to put a program in. It took it forever to save stock files then finially after 10 minutes or so it gave me a error 36. Told me to disconnect the unit then reconnect to have the files programmed back to stock
Error 36 has to do with the truck not ready/wanting to be programmed right then. I implemented the error to be displayed just in case we run into that issue, but I have never been able to get that error here at Edge. It seems like some of you guys are getting that error. If you have more info to give me on how you might have caused it, then please let me know. I can't solve it if I don't know what's causing it. Things that MIGHT cause it could be: the key isn't all the way on, the engine is still running, there are more aftermarket products on your truck that could be talking to the PCM and not letting it go into a Program State, the truck wasn't turned off for a certain period of time... could be lots of possibilities. If you do get that error, please be very specific on what occured right before the error (especially the key cycle... was the engine running, you turned it off and went right into the programming, or was it right before you went to work and the engine hadn't been on yet?). Any info you give will help us in diagnosing what might have prevented the truck from trying to program.
- Jay

· Registered
438 Posts
bbjones56;1435131; said:
Error 36 has to do with the truck not ready/wanting to be programmed right then. I implemented the error to be displayed just in case we run into that issue, but I have never been able to get that error here at Edge. It seems like some of you guys are getting that error. If you have more info to give me on how you might have caused it, then please let me know. I can't solve it if I don't know what's causing it. Things that MIGHT cause it could be: the key isn't all the way on, the engine is still running, there are more aftermarket products on your truck that could be talking to the PCM and not letting it go into a Program State, the truck wasn't turned off for a certain period of time... could be lots of possibilities. If you do get that error, please be very specific on what occured right before the error (especially the key cycle... was the engine running, you turned it off and went right into the programming, or was it right before you went to work and the engine hadn't been on yet?). Any info you give will help us in diagnosing what might have prevented the truck from trying to program.
- Jay
The only thing that I did different to get this was I loaded a new splash screen into the EVO. I used the burnout bitmap that I added a Duramax title to the lower left corner. This may not be what caused it but that is all I did different

Matt

· Registered
58 Posts
I also changed my splash screen. I was able to switch into different power modes for a couple of days after though. Mine is still currently locked up and will not program. I am supposed to talk to Monte tomorrow about this. I wish someone from Edge was available on the weekends. (like a call out).

· Registered
40 Posts
yamahaviper;1443760; said:
I also changed my splash screen. I was able to switch into different power modes for a couple of days after though. Mine is still currently locked up and will not program. I am supposed to talk to Monte tomorrow about this. I wish someone from Edge was available on the weekends. (like a call out).
If no one has helped you, please call Rob and tell him you want to talk to Jay. Thanks!

· Registered
30 Posts
I have found that the Error 36 has happened to me only when the key is in the Accessory position and not the ON position.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.