Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 158 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
thanks for the link, i now see its not... but one thing i can tell you is everytime i program is when it happens and i just put in a new escalade cluster and that one as well has reset and i noticed when looking at the thread most who are having trouble reseting are running progammers

· Registered
134 Posts
adgr71;1428130; said:
what does everybody think about new level 3, the shifting is still a little weird but good power):h . also this is the second time it has reset the hour meter on the truck ,so nobody else is getting this problem:confused:

I was running stock for a few days to listen to my tranny. Then I said fug it and went to level 2. Gave the brother in law a ride and he was stunned. Put it on level 3 and I would say it's alot better then the last few times. Good job guys its getting much smoother.

From a dead start the defueling seems to dull the effect. But the roll on power once the turbo is at full boil is great. The egt's do climb quick though I saw 1500 yesterday when I bogged it down up a hill and flat footed it):h I'm looking forward to scaring the **** out of my in laws today or tomorrow.

· Registered
111 Posts
I think the current level 3 is a drastic improvement over the last one, but mine seems to make a LOT more engine noise. A sort of ticking when it is just idling or driving slowly. No, I am not referring to the dreaded "tick" a lot of others have talked about on the site, but rather just louder overall engine noise in level three. Is this some sort of injector or pilot injector noise? Just curious. Level two is definitely the quietest/smoothest with a good amount of power still. Tommy

· Registered
438 Posts
Tommy,
Where did you run your steel line for the EGT probe? If you put it where the instructions tell you along the firewall in the clips you may be hearing engine noise through the steel cable which gets amplified via the steel cable. I noticed this two years ago. I thought it was the EDGE, moved the cable off the firewall and things were back to normal sounds

· Registered
61 Posts
tommy it is not just you. I have the same noise on mine. I believe it is the injectors or the pilot. Mine is really bad in the morning also sounds like a rod knocking. Even my buddy said something to me Wednesday night on the way to Hooters it was louder than his LLY. Also I have not installed my EGT probe yet.

Also noticed this weekend while in neutral, if you bump the throttle just a little bit it jumps all the way to 2500 rmps on mine. I was in the drive thu line waiting on some food. Also the shift are better but still not right on mine at least. It shifts so hard and quick now.

· Registered
111 Posts
dmaxhd, I ran it hidden behind the sound material, but I don't agree with your assessment as it only makes these noises in level 3. If it were the cable it would do it all the time. It is definitely something to do with fuel delivery IMO. I tried a Predator that also got progressively louder as you went up on the tune. Anhyone know why tuners have this characteristic. I even failed the drive-thru test the other day which has never happened before. Yep, she made me shut her down to order. Kinda made me feel like a cummins/PSD driver :( Tommy

· Registered
134 Posts
dmaxhd;1430039; said:
Tommy,
Where did you run your steel line for the EGT probe? If you put it where the instructions tell you along the firewall in the clips you may be hearing engine noise through the steel cable which gets amplified via the steel cable. I noticed this two years ago. I thought it was the EDGE, moved the cable off the firewall and things were back to normal sounds

I have that same tick noise while idling mine. No matter what setting its at 3 or stock iot ticks at idle. I noticed it once I installed the egt probe and ran it where the instructions said to run it. I too believe its engine noise being transmitted through the metal egt cable into the dash. Open your hood and listen for the tick...when I do this I hear NOTHING but once I jump in the cab ticky tick:mad:

Now about the motor rattling louder on level 3 it does. The throttle is super touchy also. My wife made the comment the other day "whats with the ego all of the sudden?"):h level 3 is touchy...the truck wants to GO. The boy sure was impressed by it last night:D

I just wish this thing was like the juice/attitude in terms of fuel mileage like on my 03 LB7 20mpg all day and power was nice.

· Registered
343 Posts
I think once they are able to add a little more boost to the program, the fuel mileage might perk up. I too enjoy the extra power but sure miss the mileage of my LB7 with my quadzilla programmer. Hopefully they can figure out how to add some boost before too long. I know I could buy the PPE boost fooler but then my gauge would not read right on the evolution. I was hoping for a bit better fuel mileage and I haven't really noticed any significant gains.

I too have noticed the enhanced noise of the injection. I enjoy it as I find the LBZ very quiet. Even my wife says to do something to make it louder!!! I welcome the louder motor as long as the injection isn't too advanced to create too high of cylinder pressures.

· Registered
174 Posts
Most of my average mpg is about 14-14.5 unloaded in my rig. Lately (my last tank) with the truck tuned on stage 3 I got 15.8mpg. I think I'm driving more on the freeway then normal, and I've settled down a bit on the flooring it everywhere, but kudo's.

Unfortunately both my average mpg, fuel used, etc is no longer accurate on the DIC. The fuel used on my last tank was off by 4.5 gallons.

And then my average for the first 30 miles on that tank was 22-28mpg, including some in town driving. Although I did get lucky and only had one red light and one stop sign. Prior to the tuner I was LUCKY to average 19mpg with similar conditions.

And it's gotten a bit colder out here. 65* during the day and 45ish at night, when I do most of my driving.

· Registered
111 Posts
WHYT LIE, I too have noticed dramatically different DIC readings. This is a normal characteristic of programmers, and I'm not sure it is able to be made accurate with the pcm flashing that is done to reprogram the vehicle? Anyone at Edge have an answer for this?

As for mileage, that seems to be pretty poor with the evo. I will have to do some more accurate testing over longer distances though, to verify. I'm too busy having fun with the power to worry about mileage, but I did do a little test last weekend on the hwy with some mixed city. I averaged around 17 mpg over 180 miles. Not too bad, but the truck was unloaded and there was no bad winds, no hills or anything, so I thought it would be better. Tommy

· Registered
450 Posts
I'm seeing about 17.5 mpg @ level2 (hand calc) with the last fillup - but there were a few fuel dumps (WOT) in that. I'll see if changes any with this next one (no fuel dumps yet).

· Registered
450 Posts
That last post of mine was incorrect. MPG was 17.66 last go round. This time it was 17.78 MPG - level 2. Pretty much same conditions as the previous time, but not quite as much stop and go as the previous tank full ... and few fuel dumps.

Gonna try a couple of level 1 and 3s now that I'm "settling down" and .... didn't the last update include level 1 and 2 updates as well?

· Registered
438 Posts
EDGE,

What updates should we be expecting in the next week or so? Last time I talked to Rob, EDGE marketing was reviewing requests.

Is there a chance for a forth level in between level 2 and 3?

· Registered
1,366 Posts
It'd be great to have a tweener level. There is too big of a gap between the 35 and 85 levels.....too much to get a guy in trouble. ;)

What's the latest on the revised dash pods?

I noticed that the TQ record never resets and is always at 644. Maybe this has been discussed already, but I just quickly skimmed through all the posts to catch up.

I also need to update my box to get back on plane with the rest of you. I've been running the same tune that it came with to let everything settle out a bit. Shifts are better now since the tranny is getting used to it.

Thanks!

· Registered
111 Posts
Minn-Kota, you'll definitely appreciate the new updates. I could never get the old level 3 to shift right and the new one shifts excellent. Tommy

· Registered
111 Posts
What do you guys think of egt's on level one? They seem to run fairly high at low to mid throttle settings versus the other 2 settings. Not really a problem, just wondering if everyone else agrees. Tommy

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Minn-Kota;1435670; said:
It'd be great to have a tweener level. There is too big of a gap between the 35 and 85 levels.....too much to get a guy in trouble. ;)

What's the latest on the revised dash pods?

I noticed that the TQ record never resets and is always at 644. Maybe this has been discussed already, but I just quickly skimmed through all the posts to catch up.

I also need to update my box to get back on plane with the rest of you. I've been running the same tune that it came with to let everything settle out a bit. Shifts are better now since the tranny is getting used to it.

Thanks!
The new pods are here. We had a miscomunication with our inventory staff a couple weeks back, they thought we'd recieved the new GM pods, when infact we'd recieved the Ford pods. The GM pods arrived on Monday, and we will be sending them out to you guys this week.

We are about to wrap up beta testing also, so watch for your rebate over the next two weeks.

· Registered
376 Posts
crfrcr;1437306; said:
What do you guys think of egt's on level one? They seem to run fairly high at low to mid throttle settings versus the other 2 settings. Not really a problem, just wondering if everyone else agrees. Tommy
I towed my 14k trailer over the holiday weekend on level 1 an found the EGT's to be rather tame for the most part. Most of the trip was flat and long gradual grades.......the real test will be through the mountains. So far so good, just need a little more boost. :D

· Registered
450 Posts
I have a question. Are the HP/TQ numbers for the levels still the same with the new updates? I'm assuming so, but was just curious.

101 - 120 of 158 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.