Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
In an effort to make the feedback data easy to read, i'd like to divide it into a few threads.

This thread will be used for open discussion regarding the LBZ Evolution, please talk amongst yourselves in here. Use this thread to discuss functions, quarter mile times etc.

There will be another thread for you to outline current problems you are having.

thanks again,
Rob

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
What would the likely hood of being able to read and clear DTC's while driving be. My J/A was able to do this but the Evo is not. Had a SES light come on today and could not read and clear it. P0401, if you have to know. No Cat and no finger stick/plate.

·
Registered
220 Posts
AlligatorPerformance;1409684; said:
I have another suggestion, what about making the screen brightness adjustable like the Attitude.
I just figured this out today, but it IS adjustable. While in the gauges screen just press the up or down arrows to make it brighter or dimmer.

My suggestion was going to be including a photo cell or photo eye (not sure of the correct term here) so it automatically dims at night. And you can preset both daytime and nighttime brightness settings.

·
Registered
220 Posts
AlligatorPerformance;1409685; said:
One more suggestion would be to have adjustability on the fly. I know it is a pain in the a$$, but it would be nice. A good stack tune would be cool too.
This would be WAY cool, but I think the issue is of the trucks pcm taking a tune on the fly, since this module communicates through the ALDL. It erases the pcm program and writes a new one to it.

I know some people have figured out how to tune on the fly on the LS1 pcms, but I don't know how similar/different that is from this pcm.

But shift/tunes on the fly would be the cherry on top for sure.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
WHYT LIE;1409834; said:
I just figured this out today, but it IS adjustable. While in the gauges screen just press the up or down arrows to make it brighter or dimmer.

My suggestion was going to be including a photo cell or photo eye (not sure of the correct term here) so it automatically dims at night. And you can preset both daytime and nighttime brightness settings.
I guess I need to play around with it more, the wife get's mad when I mess with "her" truck.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The ability to defuel or not between all shifts would be sweet like on the Juice. Also a low rpm fueling adjustment would be nice.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Is anyone else having a real bad defuel on the 3-4 shift on level 2 or is it just me or my tranny. Not real sure at the moment if it is the tranny or a defuel, I have been nice to the tranny since new and it only has 10k on it.I'm not even sure it is a defuel but when it shifts from 3-4 it revs up about 200-300 rpm and then just floats into 4th. I only notice it on level 2 and I haven't ran level 3 but once for a very short period of time and didn't thrash on it when I did have it on level 3. I'm just curoius if this is a evo problem or a tranny problem. Also tranny temp does not get above 120 degrees.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I think that a programmer has its limitations especially with adjustability on the fly and such. A programmer is more designed for someone who is willing to watch their gauges and adjust their foot accordingly.

I would like to be able to have a stock tune that I could still reprogram the speedo and speed limiter. It would allow for a good baseline and sometimes you may not want a tune but would like to reprogram the speedo. It would allow you use to use the evolution as a gauge. I know somethings would not read correctly if you had a box or such plugged in under the hood but most functions would work. You could still data log and read DTCs.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have been leaving mine on one level (3) and it is getting better. It is just like the first time I put my Quadzilla on the other truck. Although I think level 3 is a bit much for the stock trans to handle. Do various accelerations at different throttle positions. After about a tank of fuel it should be better.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have got a 5.75s 0-60 but I am still having trouble getting a quarter mile time. If it detects any wheel spin or over acceleration it faults. The weather has not been good enough to get a good run. I am running big tires and at least 2000 lbs of tools in the bed as well. The best 1/4 mile time is 15.6s and I forget the mph but I had to ease into it to keep it from spinning.

·
Registered
549 Posts
3-4 shift will always feel a little different then other shifts as it has to basically change two clutch packs. I call it a lazy shift and I have noticed it running stock, EDGE Evo, Predator and PPE. I have noticed with time it does seem to get a little better. It also seems to be different when the tranny is cold versus warm

·
Registered
72 Posts
Jneal, I too am having real bad defuel in the 3 to 4 shift. It is extremely bad in tow haul mode. I've tried it in level 2 and 3 and it is still pretty bad.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I would like to see a 4th tune available. A tune in between 2 and 3.

LBZ
Tune 1 is 15hp
Tune 2 is 35hp
Tune 3 could be 55-65hp
Tune 4 is 85hp

I like tune 3 but it is wicked. Tune 2 is nice but would like a little more

·
Registered
612 Posts
Has anyone been getting any mileage gains with level 1??? I have been running it for a couple of weeks and it seems to be doing a little worse than stock. I am going to be going back to level 2 here before long. I liked the extra power of 2 and it isnt crazy like 3 is. Also mine ran a 14.48 quarter on level 2.

Side question what does a stock 4x4 crew cab wheigh in at???

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
I know when I got my trans done in my 03, Mike L. explained that the 3-4 upshift is the hardest shift mechanically for the Allison to make, and when power is applied it hangs up. Mine 06 has the same problem.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Coghlin;1409958; said:
I think that a programmer has its limitations especially with adjustability on the fly and such. A programmer is more designed for someone who is willing to watch their gauges and adjust their foot accordingly.

I would like to be able to have a stock tune that I could still reprogram the speedo and speed limiter. It would allow for a good baseline and sometimes you may not want a tune but would like to reprogram the speedo. It would allow you use to use the evolution as a gauge. I know somethings would not read correctly if you had a box or such plugged in under the hood but most functions would work. You could still data log and read DTCs.
I agree with the first statement, but if the competiton has it, wouldn't it behoove the Edge team to make that happen. If it is not the correct way to program, leaves enormous corrupt information in the ECM, then I agree, it should not be done.

The stand alone guage idea is great, Bully Dog and Quadzilla have one like it. It is a nice change from a double pillar guage pod.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Well at I'm least I'm not the only one with a lazy 3-4 shift. Thanks guys. Didn't know if it was the tranny or the evo.

1 - 20 of 158 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.