Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Please only post in this thread if you are currently having a problem with your LB7 Juice.

If you are not sure of whether it is a valid problem, talk it over with the other testers in the "discussion forum" prior to posting it here.

Again, i'd like to divide the threads to make it easier for us here at Edge to see what things need immediate attention,

thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
94 Posts
I haven't had any stalling or shutdowns, but I did have the unit loose all my settings. this just happened Thursday. Truck was fine. I drove to work and all was well. When I cam out of work and started it, the discalmer showed up again. When I entered through, all my custom settings were gone. it was like I had just installed the unit out of the box. Haven't had any problems since. Other than this strange event, all is well with the new box.

Randall

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guy's this is an Attitude reset condition we are working on fixing. Hopefully we'll have a new flash for the attitudes within the next month to cure this

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well, I had the first episode with the beta module today. I noticed about 1 mile from my house that the Attitude was not displaying EGTs correctly. All it would read was 0. I thought this may be part of the attitude reset problem and didn't think too much about it. Later I was pulling out of the post office into traffic. I got onto it pretty hard and everything was working well. At about 2200-2500 rpm in 4th the engine started almost missing. It acted almost like I had hit a rev-limiter and fuel was being cut. Very loud rattle like pilot injection was not working. Truck fell flat like it had very little power. Engine temp went from 180 to 196 in seconds. I let off and moved to the right lane. The truck stopped stumbling and started running OK. Engine temp dropped from 196 to 180 in seconds. The truck ran OK the rest of the way to work, however the power did not seem to be there. The truck felt stock. Due to traffic I wasn't able to push it hard again to see what would happen. Later I was able to drive the truck again, and the EGTs read like normal when I started the truck. Power seemed to be back, and there were no issues with hard acceleration. Everything seemed as it should be. It was about 26 degrees here this morning. I was running Low Boost 4/Power Level 4. No SES lights or anything, just the problems under hard acceleration and the Attitude weirdness.

I am also going to email Rob with this info this morning.

Randall

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is good feedback Randall, will you also do me a favor and send me the ver. number on your module and the part number off of your attitude?

thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
94 Posts
Rob,

I am running version 3.1 10/26/06 of the Juice and 1.30 11/07/06 for the Attitude.

Tonight on my way home, things seemed to work OK, but I did notice something I haven't before. I had a nice clear road and was able to open it up. At 2500+ rpm when really on the throttle, I noticed what I can only describe as surging. Not like this morning where it felt like a rev-limiter, but very apparent none the less. During this time the EGTs quickly jumped from around 1100 to almost 1400 until I let off the throttle. Seemed like more heat than I have seen in the past, and the truck didn't seem to be making the power like it did before the surging started. This surging seemed to start in 4th gear and continue through the 4-5 shift. I let off and gave another short run only to 60, not 85 like before, and did not notice the surging. Both runs were pedal to the floor. On the second run the truck felt strong the whole time. I will keep doing this WOT run as often as I can and post additional findings. Let me know if you need more info from me.

Randall

·
Registered
94 Posts
After some more WOT runs I have found a pattern.

The sensation I describe below as a "studder" feels like someone is giving throttle and then letting off. This happens 1 or 2 times per second. I did not notice this happening at all until my experience described above where 0 degrees EGT was dispalyed on the Attitude. (And I did several WOT runs as soon as I got the new box:)) Now, this seems to happen on every WOT run.

On a WOT run just before the 3-4 shift I will start to feel the sensation. If I keep the pedal down it will continue throught the 4th gear range and through the 4-5 shift. After the shift into 5th, if I hold WOT for 1-2 seconds the sensation will go away and the truck will pull strong. While I am feeling the studder the truck falls flat and seems to not be making the power it should. EGTs stay between 1200-1300 degrees through the entire episode. If at any time during the studder (Like while in 4th) I let off the throttle a little and then reapply the sensation ends immediately and the truck pulls strong again.

This is all in Low Boost 4/Power Level 4. I will try lower power today and report the findings. I almost thought I maight be zinging the transmission, but from what I have read when you zing the trans, it is rpms climb smoothly but the truck falls flat and doesn't seem to get the power to the ground. The rpms are not smooth when this happens to me. It feels like fuel/no fuel, fuel/no fuel once or twice a second. I never experienced this in the previous Juice box. I have 40K miles on the truck and have been running the juice on 4/4 since about 10K. I tow a 11K trailer about 1 time a month on Level 2/ Low Boost 3. I don't abuse the truck with brake stands or anything like that. I do enjoy the occasional WOT run though:) .

Hope this helps,
Randall

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was just able to do a couple of runs in Power 3/LB4 and had the same issues. starts right before the 3-4 shift. (By the way this is with the torque converter locked. I run Defuel only 4-5 shift.) In Power Level 3 the truck did get everything sorted out in 4th gear and regain a little power and the studdering stopped, but it started up again right before the 4-5 shift and continued for a couple of seconds after the shift was complete. It is like the Juice is defueling and then not defueling in rapid sucession.

If I take off slower at say 1/2 to 3/4 pedal, so that the torque converter doesn't lock in 2nd or 3rd gear, I don't seem to have the issue in Power Level 3. I will test this in 4.

Again, this only started after my 0 degree EGT reading problem. When I first installed this unit, the shifts seemed cleaner than with the old box. (I would occasionally "flair" a 4-5 shift with the old box.) When first installed the power was delivered smooth and clean at WOT through all shifts up to the speed limiter.

I think either this Juice has developed a problem, or my tranny has suddenly started slipping/zinging badly.

I changed my fuel filter about 6K ago, so i may change it this weekend and see if it is an issue with not getting enough fuel. If the system was starved for fuel does the truck throw a code? (I usually change the filter at 10K. I buy fuel, B20, from the same plsce and haven't had any issues, but there is always a first time.)

Randall

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well, I think I may have a clogged fuel filter. I am going to change tomorrow and see. Even with the Juice on the stock setting today, I cannot make over 2400rpm. (Also pretty cold here this morning at 12 degrees.) If I floor it the truck just falls flat. I can drive it, but I have to baby it. I did fill up an a different station a tank or 2 ago, so I must have gotten bad fuel. (I just hope I can get home today to change the filter.)

If the filter change helps, the the Attitude may just have hiccuped and not displayed EGTs at the same time the filter was clogging. It could have been a combination of both. If it acts the same after filter change, I will remove the Juice and see what happens. I'll let everyone know Monday.

I may have been premature to blame the Juice....I should know soon. I'm sorry if this is the case. Its my luck for the fuel filter to start clogging when the Juice acts a little funny. In my defense, if it is the filter, this is the first one to clog so fully so quickly. (Over the course of 3-4 days.)

Randall

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well, I got the filter changed, and all is right with the world!:ro) The last filter change was the "free" one from the dealer. Must have had a 1000lb ape put it on. I thought I was never going to get it off. (It didn't help that it was about 22 degrees with a stiff wind blowing.)

I guess the B20 was still cleaning some crap out and I may have gotten some bad fuel??? This filter had only about 5-6K miles on it. Usually I change at 10K and have never had this happen. Oh well, everything seems OK now.

I have not had the EGT read only 0 again. I did have the gear display on, and it froze only displaying first on the Attitude Saturday morning. I didn't have to power off to fix, It just started reading right after about 5 miles. I guess there are still some Attitude display issues with my version.

I'm just happy to have the power back. It was a long 25 mile drive home Friday when the truck wouldn't run over 1800 rpm. I should have changed the filter in the parking lot at work, but they might have frowned on that. Plus it was cold, and I wasn't dressed for truck work.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Had the new unit (shipped two weeks ago) lock up on the speedo today coming back from Vacation. Locked at 84 and was there for about 15 to 20 miles then all the sudden, it started to read properly again. Anyone else having these problems with the new units?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I had the Attitude reset again over Christmas weekend. I also had it freeze the GEAR display. Was stuck in 2nd for about 5-10 miles then started working correctly again. On a WOT run in 4th I had a loss of power and a large amount of smoke. EGT's climbed rapidly I kept my foot in it, and the smoke cleared and power returned. It acted like a carbed gas engine that had "loaded up on fuel" and ran OK once the extra fuel blew through. RPM's didn't climb or anything to indicate a trans slipping issue. Just acted like there was almost too much fuel. This has only happend once since the fuel filter change. It has done several WOT runs with no issues before and after the above incident.

Randall

·
Registered
886 Posts
Went to start the truck today after I put 2 new batteries in the Attitude egt alarm was going off and the egt were reading 2136 degrees. Turned off truck and restarted it did it again then died the attitude just quit working. I turned off the truck and restarted and still nothing put the truck in N and back to park to see if the juice was still working and the engine reved twice indacating the juice was still set on 2 were I had it set.
I went down town and after I had turned the engine off e few times the attitude started working again. Didnt have any more proplems the rest of the day.I dont know if changing the batteries out had anything to do with it or not

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
If I take off and then let off the pedal real quick my truck will die sometimes.I't's only done it once or twice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.