Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my juice/attitude. I just realized that I basically drive around with it on level 5 all the time. After doing some mileage tests on my way to LA on I-5, I realize that level 5 gives me the best mileage (almost 24 mpg). When I switch to level 0 (stock), my DIC immediately begins to display mileages in the 16 to 18 range (instantaneous mileage). I did 10 mile averages on all the settings.

Anyway, I don't tow much (if I did, I know I'd have to back it off level 5), don't climb many long grades, etc., so I don't have much need to take it off level 5. Once in awhile, if I'm on uneven pavement or off-road, I will take it off, because the bumps cause my leg/foot to move, and the throttle response with level 5 is pretty abrupt!

Question is, will I cause any damage to any of my engine components by running level 5 all the time? I realize my EGTs are higher on average, but I seldom get near 1,300.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Terel

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
With any power adding device your DIC will not be correct. I hate to tell you but you are not getting 24mpg even though your DIC says you are.

If you watch your EGT's you shouldn't hurt anything on your engine. What you do need to be worried about is your transmission.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Max Power said:
If you watch your EGT's you shouldn't hurt anything on your engine. What you do need to be worried about is your transmission.

That is not completely true! Watching them shoot up to 1600 and keeping it there can hurt the engine regardless how much you watch!

Just a little gab at ya!
I am sure he knows what you mean.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts