Diesel Place banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im just about ready to pull the trigger on the Edge Insight. Before i make a purchase though i want to make sure of one thing. Does it monitor transmission and torque converter slippage? I want the EGT and Boost readings, along with all the other features, but most importantly i want to be able to monitor if and when any slippage occurs. I dont have the funds to build the trans right now, and i think the ability to monitor trans. slip could end up saving me a lot of money.

·
Banned
4,035 Posts
yea i got mine the other day its is by far the best guaes i have used you can monitor more things then you would ever need from tcc slipage input shaft speed bla bla bal haha pretty much can monitor every thing a tec 2 can

·
Registered
74 Posts
TB- PM sent- list of all items you can monitor with Edge Insight.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
good to here feedback on this. ive been looking for a gauge solution for my truck. i think this will be the answer.

·
Registered
926 Posts
i would def recomend it this thing is sweet
x2, Installed mine and it is very accurate and easy to use. For sure worth the money.:)

·
Registered
850 Posts
i have an edge evo for sale that dose close to the same things but can also reprogram tire size and add power if you want

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. Do they make a pod to mount it on the dash for trucks with the new interior? On the website it says it works for 01-07, but nothing about the 07.5-08.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The Edge web site list pods for the new trucks under 2007 GM. I have one and it works great.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
yea i got mine the other day its is by far the best guaes i have used you can monitor more things then you would ever need from tcc slipage input shaft speed bla bla bal haha pretty much can monitor every thing a tec 2 can
do you have the pod that goes on the dash??

i would like to see pics :D i have been thinking about getting one.

are all the readings taken from the obdII port or can you conect a real pyro probe???

·
Banned
2,516 Posts
I have the Evo that I am using just for gauges, no tuning loaded (use PPE now) I see that the Insight can monitor EGT.

Will the plug for the EGT Probe that came with my Evo fit on the connector for the Insight? So I won't have to install a new EGT Probe? Does anyone know if they are the same plugs? I imagine they are, but I just wanna check.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I think they are the same plugs. Plugs right at the connection of the obd2 right?

·
Banned
2,516 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Pod Pictures

Here's some pictures of the Insight Pod

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Had mine for three weeks now, probe is still on backorder!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts