Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body know when the in cab controller is really going to be introduced to the eager public (me) ? Last I read it was to be the end of August..... I've been waiting to update my 4.3 version and plunk down my hard earned $$$ for this product....

·
Registered
941 Posts
Kinda crazy how people on "the other board" gave James a bunch of crap on the Preditor being late or being vaporware, but everyone seems to let Edge slide when they can't meet their deadlines, working on many months past due in this case...

Oh well...

Bob

·
Registered
61 Posts
Personally I think Edge is having difficulty finding quality employees as they expand.
Almost a universal problem. Since the new Edge has to have a wire socket to plug the controller into, upgrading has a huge impact in shipping. New is no problem - one box, done, gone.

Returning your present Edge, either before or after the upgraded Edge is shipped, is gonna be a nightmare in shipping if it isn't done absolutely by-the-numbers correct. Incoming returns have to be matched to outgoing by serial numbe as well and that's a chore in itself. Though we're all real good at entering stuff into computers correctly (we never make misteaks, do we?) new hires take some time to teach and everybody transposes numbers occasionally.

Besides, Edge buyers have more patience than Predator buyers.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I think John Kennedy has a Beta test unit he's running right now.

As for the difference between James and The Edge guys. Edge gave dates and missed them and didn't make a big deal out of it will be here tomorrow. Next week, I swear. Oh the day after tomorrow and on and on and on like James did.

Got real old real fast.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
bybycop said:
any news on when it coming out? Anyone know how much?

Going to depend on how you buy it ..... As a add-on or with a box ....I've heard prices any where from $99 to $299 for a add-on....One thing for sure we will find a reasonable price and POST it when it's finally released ...

Mac

No news from Edge yet to me unfortunately ...

But I'll keep after him ..

·
Registered
36 Posts
The monitor is on it's way. This month for sure. This time Edge is pretty sure. I've seen a demo, but they are havine problems with the tire adjustment. Shouldn't cost more than $175.00 with the new box. But by itself and how much for the upgraded box is unknown for now.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Now I'm happy I couldn't get ISSPRO gauges due to backorder problems. The monitor is really cost effective if it also has both boost and EGT. Even if it costs $300 to get the monitor plus upgrade the old Juice it's worth it.

And they laugh at women shoppers stampede the mall with a good sale. Look at us! The moment Edge opens the order door, I bet the phone company detects an immediate overload in the Ogden Utah area ....

Now what did I do with my old War dialer?

·
Registered
36 Posts
The monitor does do the boost and much more. $300.00 upgrade for those that have the Juice now. The new Juice box is out so be sure to buy the new one if you want the monitor.

Con's Performance Chips

208-431-0835

1 - 12 of 12 Posts