Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lurking for some time and just registered.

I just bought a 2004 GMC 3500 4X4 Crew LLY Duramax. I have big plans for this truck. I have already put a set of the Shindle 19.5 forged wheels and Michelin tires. I don't even want to talk about how much those cost. I also have a AirRide lowering system on the way for the back. I need to make some custom parts for the front to add the Shochwave so i can slam it all the way and have air bags all around.

I also have a Gaylords lid on it way.

I want to buy motor performance stuff but I was shut down. I can't believe I have a truck that I can't make go faster now!

Back to the Edge!

I contacted Edge about the Juice for the LLY and here is what they said:

"We are currently working on the LLY motor as we speak. It should be out shortly. It wasn't a tough fix, so we should have a product within the next few weeks." by Bryce

Just thought you guys would like an update.

Pyle

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I've been talking to Matt at Edge, he said they were working on it but didn't give a time frame.

Edge usually puts out Beta stuff, prior to final release of new products and offers discounts to those who are willing to participate in the testing. I'm not sure what the criteria for selection is, or if there is one. But I've run Beta software on my home computers occasionally and I don't think I'd do it with my truck.

Did they give you anything about the production release, or is this it, or a Beta, or they just didn't say?

Just wondering because I've been talking to them since I found out in mid November I was getting an LLY.

edit info:

Just got off the phone with Matt at Edge. He said they are working on it, but said a "couple of weeks" didn't sound likely. He did say it wouldn't be impossible, just not likely.

He also said they would issue a Beta version for testing before releasing the final version. So keep your fingers crossed, a little more time and more of these engines out and about, who's owners want this, and we'll see a Juice/Attitude for our LLY's....
Edited by: Zeeb

·
Registered
570 Posts
I can't wait for some Juice, but then again...waiting for Juice is better than waiting for a ordered truck.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Voodoo said:
I can't wait for some Juice, but then again...waiting for Juice is better than waiting for a ordered truck.

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would not know about the wait. I went online and built my own the way i want it and the closest dealer just happened to have the exact truck. I n fact it had not been preped and they didn't even know it was in yet.

I am usually not that lucky.

Hey Zeeb,

what is LLY/A?

Pyle

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
PyleDriver said:
Hey Zeeb,

what is LLY/A?

Pyle

Well I put that in since most sig's listed D/A for Duramax/Allison. Since mine was one of the first to show up on the VOMS as an LLY instead of an LB7. In fact, when my dealer told me the order had been changed to an LLY, neither he nor I had a clue what that meant.

So I did that to differentiate since among other things, that none of the performance programming stuff works on the LLY yet. So when I asked questions, members would know I had the different engine.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I changed my mind, I want some Juice now, right now!
Edited by: Voodoo

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Is the new juice going to be capable of fixing the speedo for tire swaps?

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
9W3-HD said:
Is the new juice going to be capable of fixing the speedo for tire swaps?

Not very likely.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts