Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what things have been changed in the updates for the edge evolution...for example mine has the first version ever on it...what do all the new updates add to it that my version doesnt already contain...:confused:thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
#1 is supposed to be better fuel mileage.
#2 is the same (I think)
#3 shifts a lot better

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright i better update it then...thanks

·
Registered
380 Posts
There has also been a lot of compatibility updates and a few new features added along the way and some things have been deleted because they didn't and such.

I would recommend updating to the new tunes. They are much smoother and they are starting to improve mileage. I tihnk some of the first tunes actually made the mileage worse. The newer ones also aren't quite as hot.

·
Registered
150 Posts
To update or not to update

I just got my Evolution in the mail today, any advice on what number upgrade I should load or whether I need to at all? I see a gazillion different upgrade numbers on this site, just wondering which number is tested, safe, and the all-around best right now.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I would just go to the newest one. 17.2314 or something like that. Update the evolution and lightning software. The newest ones have the best manners and are toned down a bit.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm sure this is a stupid question. But, I downloaded the software and drivers, plugged in the unit to usb, it found the drivers, etc. but with the unit plugged into usb, and software open. nothing happens. the update box is not an option, won't let me click it. do i have to install and plug into truck first before it will allow usb updates?

·
Registered
62 Posts
updates

I just updated to the latest beta update it did take a while i don't know if edge has server problems or not,but they really need to change their website for the updates, we should be able to see the latest updates with there history with out pluging in the edge. you have no idea what the updates are supposed to fix or change, and there should be some place on their site to find out. I'm trying to find a good towing tune that will give better mileage without high egts i like edge and the fact that they are trying to give us a better tune,but they really need to get there site together thanks

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
Make sure you are telling this to Rob too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Edge should add a brief description of their new tunes to the update list!!
It would be nice to know what your downloading!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Agree with coghlin, the new tunes are alot more well mannered and level 3 delivers smooth shifting and just plain hauls....I need at least a transgo jr. soon. Thanks to the guys at edge for all of the hard work and giving customers what they asked for. The EVO has to be the best bang for the buck right now. Since my sisters father -in -law is a diesel and allison mechanic I may be upgrading to a suncoast tranny and efi this summer but for now the evo is great and geting better and I love the gauges.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Does anyone know if Edge update software, etc. are available for Macintosh Computers? I don't want to have to buy a PC to do the updates.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts