Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator Mister, your truck's smoking...
11,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys...

I'm running a Racing CTS in my '04 LLY, been running it for several years now, and it's been a really reliable tuner and monitor. Does anyone know why the gear indicator shows 1-5 then shows the TC lock, when it's actually 1-4 then lock then 5?

I'm wondering if I'm down level on my firmware for the tuner/monitor. Anyone notice this?

·
11,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi guys...

I'm running a Racing CTS in my '04 LLY, been running it for several years now, and it's been a really reliable tuner and monitor. Does anyone know why the gear indicator shows 1-5 then shows the TC lock, when it's actually 1-4 then lock then 5?

I'm wondering if I'm down level on my firmware for the tuner/monitor. Anyone notice this?
FYI, I checked for updates/upgrades to the firmware for my tuner, and I'm currently up to date... same behavior. I fired off an email to Edge to see what they have to say - I'll post their response here.

·
11,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FYI, I checked for updates/upgrades to the firmware for my tuner, and I'm currently up to date... same behavior. I fired off an email to Edge to see what they have to say - I'll post their response here.
It turns out Edge really did not have any updates per se for my tuner. It's old enough (I guess) that they're not changing anything. I did wind up with all sorts of disclaimers displayed 5-6 times on my tuner after the update... most likely an EPA thing. No tune changes, no other issues resolved I know about.

I'm left with this odd situation with the Gear PID on the CTS. When I'm in standard transmission mode (not T/H mode and not ODLO), you can watch the gear display 1, 2, 3, 4 as it's shifting through the gears. Then, when the T/C locks up, it shows 5, then when the truck shifts into 5th, it displays the lock.

When you're in T/H mode, the gear displays 1, 2, then lock, then 3, 4, and 5. This accurately displays the transmission shifting behavior.

It's a nitpick, but it's wrong... and it's the same now with my new built transmission as it was before the transmission grenaded. Edge claims nobody has reported this, which I find hard to believe.

Oh well...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts