Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Reader's Digest Version:

Wrecked my truck last summer. Sent my Evo off to get reflashed and upgraded to the new software with 4 levels. Switched to PPE in the meantime. Sold the Evo. New owner, with 2006 LBZ, says he is getting "Error Code 7, please call Edge" when trying to program. Says he called Edge. They said this unit won't work on his truck.

Can anyone tell me what Error Code 7 is? Hold time at Edge Tech Support is over 20 minutes. Can't wait.

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
Reader's Digest Version:

Wrecked my truck last summer. Sent my Evo off to get reflashed and upgraded to the new software with 4 levels. Switched to PPE in the meantime. Sold the Evo. New owner, with 2006 LBZ, says he is getting "Error Code 7, please call Edge" when trying to program. Says he called Edge. They said this unit won't work on his truck.

Can anyone tell me what Error Code 7 is? Hold time at Edge Tech Support is over 20 minutes. Can't wait.

Was your truck an lbz or a lmm? It should work just fine if it was a lbz. Unless edge is vin locking them now? Maybe with msi taking over you never know.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine was also an LBZ. I never took it out of the box after I recieved it back from Edge. Should just plug and play for the guy.

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
Mine was also an LBZ. I never took it out of the box after I recieved it back from Edge. Should just plug and play for the guy.

What did edge tell him the exact reason was? Maybe they shipped a wrong one to you.

Oh, wait. Does this guy have a manual. I believe the juice does not work with the manuals. Maybe the evolution is the same thing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Error code 7 means the Evo did not recognize the trucks operating system. Has he tried updating the Evolution to a newer firmware & calibration? This should be all the Evo needs to work on his truck. He will need to download our updating software, called Fusion from our website. The Fusion software can be found here: http://www.edgeproducts.com/product_images/product_update-file-13.msi

We do not VIN lock our programmers. :cool:

As long as the first vehicle is returned stock, you can use an Evolution on a different vehicle.

Cody

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cody,

Thanks!!:)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Cody, what is the difference between Fusion and Lighting?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Fusion is our new update software that replaces Lightning. In fact, Lightning will automatically change over to Fusion the next time you try to update your Evolution. Fusion should be much easier for customers to download on their computers and is easier to use also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts