Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6 Duramax w/ Allison trans. I purchased the EDGE Evo HT2 programmer, downloaded the ignition software to the computer, got it all registered. Brought it to the truck plugged it in, it connects to the OBDII and can see the VIN and everything. Try to load a tune, it says turn the key on so i do, it says "establishing communications" and then changes to "0%" and then my truck dash gives me a "Service Traction Control" message and the tuner tells me to turn off the key, so i do and then the tuner says "communication failure". Ive never had a traction control issue. Ive emialed EDGE but they are only open monday-friday. looking for some assistance or if anyone sees something im doing wrong here. thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having this exact same issue with my Chevrolet 2009 2500 HD Duramax. I contacted tech support with Edge and they recommended i update my unit. "NOTE my edge unit has been on the truck for 9 years with no problems and has helped me read other codes though out that time frame." However this time while going fishing one morning the truck bumped as if it hit a hole, there was no hole to hit and then the service stabilitrak light came on and the truck went to limp mode. I tuned the stabilitrak system off and the light stayed on and the truck would not come out of the limp mode. Oh yes the service engine light came on as well. So I tried to read the code with the Edge unit and it came back with a communication error. Unplugged unit as instructed and turned key back on and same thing. After several times of this I decided to let it time out and it let me go to the clear code section which I did and immediately after clearing the codes the service engine light and service stabilitrak light came back on.SO then i tried to reprogram the truck to stock and the screen came back with "This model year is not supported by this product." Never saw that before in the past 9 years of use. So this is where I contacted the tech support at edge and did the recommended upgrade to the edge unit. No changes everything is still the same. I have disconnected both ground wires from the batteries and tested them to zero ohms, I have cleaned all contact points at the batteries and block and reattached. No change. NOTE: I have spiral batteries that are 9 years old as well and they test good, even with that said I went ahead and installed new batteries, no change. I added and additional ground from the cab to the block no change. I am going to check the connections between the edge and there truck and look for any other possible connection issues. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, I really would like to resolve this issue myself if possible. Thanks for your time!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 GMC Sierra 2500HD with Edge Race DPF delete. I am having the same issues... all the same dash lights and a no start with tuner reading “ a problem has occurred please unplug unit and then plug back in” and that’s as far as I’ve got. Any advice?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts