Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Regular Juice with Attitude.

Went to start the truck after work and the attitude would not load and the truck would not start. Checked all the plugs and pins and tried again. Attitude dead as a door nail. Disconnectted the juice and she started right up. I drove her twenty miles in traffic (pick up the wife) and noticed rough running, abnormal clatter, and a ses light.

p0335 crankshaft position sensor.

I cleared the codes with the Superchip and loaded up performance tune. Clatter is back to normal and engine running smooth. BTW, you know there is a problem when the Superchip out smokes (black) and out performs the J/A! Superchips isn't bad, just not the Juice.

Oh well. Not a big deal, I have been expecting it to quit since christmas. I have had the attitude display fading out since summer (somewhat heat related, but the fade is becoming permanent). In the last month I have had two no starts and 4 episodes where the Attitude goes dead then reloads while I am driving. Causes massive sputtering.

Up till now the J/A has been flawless.

Will Edge fix this under warranty? The date on the attitude is 9/10/2003 and the module has 10/01/2003. If not under warranty, what can I expect to pay for repair or new units? Also, is the "new" silver box worth asking or waiting for?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Whats this 'silver box' we keep hearing about? I recv'd the replacement combo and while functionally changed, the colors of the boxes are as they always were ~ anyone know?

·
Registered
334 Posts
same thing has happened to many of us, including me. mine was manufactured in july of '04 and they said no problem send it in. i havent got my new one yet, although its only been gone for about two weeks. i think they will take care of you. wil

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update on box info (actually wrote the numbers down).

Attitude Ver. 1.0
Date 9/29/2003

Juice Ver. 4.73i
EJC 1000
Date 10/23/2003

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whats this 'silver box' we keep hearing about? I recv'd the replacement combo and while functionally changed, the colors of the boxes are as they always were ~ anyone know?
What functionally changed?

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Were you racing on 35 again? LOL..

Hey man, yes just contact edge, they will replace it with no questions asked. They are very good about that. Go to their site, go to the Forms section, make sure you call them as well.

the "silver box" is going to be fixing lots of issue with very cold temp operation as well as some other minor things. Many that live in super cold weather have starting and operation problems with the current Edge so this one is made to address that as one of the action items. I haven't gotten a firm date on its release, but its in the works.

Attitude versions are up to 1.5 and the LB7 Edge I believe is up to 4.81

·
Registered
514 Posts
Just got mine this morning Ver. 1.0 Manufactured 1/26/06. They shipped it the day they made it. Great customer service. Haven't plugged it in yet...Jim

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Just got mine this morning Ver. 1.0 Manufactured 1/26/06. They shipped it the day they made it. Great customer service. Haven't plugged it in yet...Jim
The Silver Box??

·
Registered
941 Posts
briano-

It seems some have received the updated box, but they stated it was black. Started making me wonder what Aaron has me testing under the hood right now. There is no version lable on the Juice box, Attitude has a lable and is version 1.5 beta, yet the new replacements are said to be 1.3. Not sure what is going on. Aaron hasn't returned my calls, so I don't know what is going on anymore!! If you guys want a pic of the silver box I have, I can snap a pic this afternoon...just let me know...

Bob

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
edit

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I called Jared with Edge back today. Still no decision on warranty or not. Hopefully it goes through. If not covered under warranty Jared said I have two "trade-in" options available, ranging in price from mid $200's to mid $400's.

I might need to go look around on ebay depending on the answer.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jared called back. No warranty. $250 to have it replaced.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jared called back. No warranty. $250 to have it replaced.

I am currently a little over two months out of warranty. Here is the pisser. I emailed Edge on November 4 (about two weeks warranty left) about the problem I have been having with the Attitude monitor.

The thread:
http://dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44585

I received an email back from Edge (sent by C. Chatelain 3 days later!) asking for the usual version no. and manufacture date. I called Edge the next day and spoke with a service rep. (I did not write down the name of the rep.). The response over the phone was that Edge had a backlog and couldn't do anything about it immediately. With the Holidays coming up I wanted to be able to use the J/A for towing. The Edge service rep. assured me that the module would be still be covered even out of warranty (after the holidays).

Ok, Jared has been a nice guy and said that he thought Edge would still cover the unit (wednesday). Then Jared called back yesterday afternoon to tell me that the unit would NOT be covered under warranty and that I would need to pay $250 for the repair/ replacement unit.

What do you guys think? I am still irritated by the "not covered" part after the phone call with Edge in November assuring me it would be. Money is tight now after having just bought our new house and this sure DID NOT make my day.Censored :mad:

·
Registered
514 Posts
briano-

It seems some have received the updated box, but they stated it was black. Started making me wonder what Aaron has me testing under the hood right now. There is no version lable on the Juice box, Attitude has a lable and is version 1.5 beta, yet the new replacements are said to be 1.3. Not sure what is going on. Aaron hasn't returned my calls, so I don't know what is going on anymore!! If you guys want a pic of the silver box I have, I can snap a pic this afternoon...just let me know...

Bob
No it is black but what a difference. Plugged it in last night I do not have the attitude and to lock in the settings they have added a step where you press the tow/haul button twice after setting the level. This morning on my way to work when it got up to temp I took off from a stop light slowly and I spun the tires with just a pretty normal take off. Level 3 on this new version is way more responsive then the old one and it feels like a totally different product. Cannot wait to tow my 5ver to see real performance gains...Jim

·
Registered
941 Posts
Jabs-

Well, you will be even more impressed with the new box after you tow. I reported lower EGT's with this test box while towing, others who recently received the new box also reported lower EGT's. Supposedly nothing was changed on the programming side, just hardware according to Aaron, but whatever the case there have been some other positive changes with these new boxes...

Bob

·
Registered
941 Posts
cd-

That sucks man!! You would think if you had it in writing that you had problems while in warranty they would have taken care of you... I have no suggestions, but what a bummer to hear that...

Bob

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cd-

That sucks man!! You would think if you had it in writing that you had problems while in warranty they would have taken care of you... I have no suggestions, but what a bummer to hear that...

Bob

Yes, really sucks! Anyway, I am almost through venting.:blahblah:

I will probably pay next week, provided the funds are there.Censored

1 - 17 of 17 Posts