Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the truck at the dealer for several things before it goes out of warranty probably within the next week (36000 miles warranty that is).

Last week i was just running by the apartment real quick and was just gonna leave the truck running. I coasted to a stop and started to apply the Parking Brake (I have a six speed). Well I wasnt thinking and was in a hurry and i was still in gear and couldnt get to the clutch fast enough, truck stalled. No big deal, fired it up, and ran inside. Came back like a minute later and the engine was "missing". Whole truck would shake and run lop sided then straighten out then do it again. Idling up fixed it, no problems at high RPM. I drove back to work let it idle and after a while it did the same thing. Havent been able to reproduce again. I'm thinkin maybe the computer got confused and messed up its idle fueling algorithm and fixed itself over time.

Well anyways, i decided to mention it since it was at the dealer anyways. They checked everything and didnt find anything. Side note, injectors looked real good, balance rates at idle were well within the +-4 spec. Highest was -1.7 and the others were like +-.5 or .9. Stanadyne seems to be working well with the injectors.

So they noticed the edge, i left the attitude in since its mounted in the upper console and obviously the EGT probe. They even talked with GM techline and mentioned it to them. To my amazement, they went about the diagnostic and didnt try to go back on the edge causing problems. They made no mention of voiding the warranty or anything and this was through GM not just the dealer.

Just thought id share that GM knew about my edge and didnt stop diagnostic and void my 100000 motor warranty. They just said it does weird things to fueling and could cause "missing" and such when its installed. I dunno if it was put on file that my truck has had the edge but from what i can tell it hasn't. So i doubt, unless the dealer remembers me in which case i can use another dealer, that its marked in GM's system that I had the edge.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
you will problly be alright because they still checked you truck out and stuff

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
My dealer likes my Edge. They are buying one for their company Kodiak tow truck. No issues what so ever.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Going to another "Stealer" won't matter, your truck in now in the G.M. database as having add on mods. Every time your vin # is put in wherever you are it will pop up. Good luck in the future.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Going to another "Stealer" won't matter, your truck in now in the G.M. database as having add on mods. Every time your vin # is put in wherever you are it will pop up. Good luck in the future.
how do you know they put that into the system

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Thats what they do...

·
Registered
190 Posts
My dealer sells them out of the parts department, when I asked about warranty issues with the edge installed he said no we won't void your warranty.
He said if the edge is causing the problem we won't fix that problem under warranty.

It helps when the main office for Edge Products is just down the road...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts