Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All:

I recently sent the below e-mail to Nate at Edge because I, and others, have not gotten any replies to e-mails or posts for quite some time. Just take a look at the below posts and dates. I'd like other Beta testers to reply here with their feelings before I post outside the restricted forum to make sure I'm not off base here. I'm not satisfied at all with their customer service here and am about ready to move on to another product. Thoughts?

Nate,

I have sent several e-mails and all have gone unanswered as have others on the dieselplace board. This really calls into question the customer support of Edge Products. If you guys won't support Beta testers, who will you support? I'm still waiting for a mount for the Attitude for my 2008 2500HD and my On-Star still cannot communicate with the truck as the Juice interferes. Is/has Edge going to address these issues??

Thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
20 Posts
Also very disapointed with Edge. I drive my truck in the stock setting now. Its hard to believe they cant get the P099 figured out. I think we all aggreed to a 2-3 week test period for them. Its going on months now I feel they should fix the problems and refund our money for this ongoing hassle and possible damage to our trucks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
As I juggle many different products here at Edge, there is a chance that some that try to get int ouch with me may find it difficult, and I will try my best to get to everyone in a timely manner, it does get tough. Sorry about the missed calls and emails, I do appologize for that, but the customer service of Edge Products still stands as it always has and as it always will; THE BEST SERVICE YOU CAN FIND. So please don't let the customer service of Edge fall away because of my mistakes.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've only had one code with this last box I got. It was fuel rail code. Not really sure why i got it but all I did was roll on the throtle to pass a car.

Also my Onstar works fine. Called them from the mirror the other day and they said everything was fine or came back fine.

Only thing that really bothers me about getting the Edge is they will not setup anything to remove the dpf code if you remove it. Something about liablity. Which i think can be taken away from Edge if they have it as a special unlock you have to agree too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
We would love to design a defeat device that would eliminate the DPF; however the EPA has come down pretty hard on companys that create defeate devices for emissions systems; so to keep our heads above water in reguards to the EPA, we will not be making any device that disables the DPF or EGR systems.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Brian,
When did you Order your pod and how much did you pay??

Nate has been very easy for me to get in touch with, and a pleasure on the phone each time.

My edge was changed three times because of Mass air codes. I had one feul rail code with this box, and then never again. As I have said, I run stacked with PPE level two and edge on 5 or 6 almost all the time. When towing I reduce to level 2.

As for DPF removal, large fines are an effective scare tactic and if we are going to remove them, it will probably be mostly bolt on type products the we do ourselves and then reprogram ourselves using tools like EFI live.

If the pods are free, how can we complain about the delivery time??

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I spoke to Nate a couple of days ago and we made up. :rolleyes:
I do understand he is very busy. It doesn't matter what I paid for the box; their costs were covered and Edge is getting the discounted money back tenfold from the feedback given by Alpha/Beta testers. They couldn't bring a product to market successfully without them. A cornerstone of any successfull company is customer service and I felt I wasn't getting any. Anyway, he apologized for the oversight, sent out my pod ASAP and all is good. Anyone get theirs installed? Finally figured mine out w/i instructions, but the sticky thingys don't go on well. Any ideas? I'm really happy with the placement and how it looks.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I got my pod today. I will be putting it in tonight I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FXRS;2053090; said:
Could someone post some pics on how/where the pod goes? :p:
Just to the right of the pillar. Looks great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It goes next to the pillar on the left sideof the dash.

1. Clean the dash board with soap and water in the area that POD is to be attached.
2. Attach the POD temporarily to the dash board in the best fit positions. Secure with tape.
3. Remove protective backing from the 170 stem Dual lock to the two brackets on the bottom side surface.
4. Remove protective backing from the 400 stem Dual lock and attach to the dashboard adjacent to and under the numbered bracket locations.
5. Remove protective backing from the adhesive on the brackets and position the number 1 and 2 brackets to the corresponding 1 and 2 bracket locations inside and on the POD wall. ( Note: when attaching the brackets to the POD wall, place the dual lock surface of the bracket on top of the dual lock surface on the dashboard BUT DO NOT LOCK IN PLACE. The two mating surfaces should just be flush with each other.)
6. Remove the backing from the Hook and Loop Velcro and position one side each in the front of the POD. Place hook inside the POD wall and loop on the dash board. The position should be done with the POD flush to the dash board surface. (Note: do not place the Velcro too deep into the space or the POD will not sit flush when reinstalled.
7. Remove the tape holding the POD assembly to the dash, and remove the POD.
8. Press the two L brackets firmly to the POD wall, to make sure the brackets are secure. Press the hook Velcro firmly to the POD wall.
9. Press the two 400 stem Dual lock pads firmly to the Dash. Press the loop Velcro firmly to the Dash.
10. Install the rubber grommet in the POD cut-out.
11. Rout the cable through the grommet cut-out and align with the cable slot at the back of the POD.
12. Reposition the POD to the Dash board in the best fit position over the Dual Lock pads.
13. Press down on the brackets to lock the Dual Lock pads together. (Note: there will be an audible snap when secured)
14. Press the front of the POD to secure the Velcro pads to each other.
15. Attach the cable to the back of the Display Module and insert the Module into the grommet boot. (Note: pull back on the cable at the back of the POD to remove any unwanted slack.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The little sticky Velco thingies are worthless. Do you you have something better? I like the pod and the way it looks, it just won't stay put.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.