Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy's I have a 2016 Chevy 3500HD Duramax with 60,000 miles. What would be the best Edge chip to put in my truck to increase fuel mileage on the highway and pullying a 5th camper and now and then a gooseneck loaded 2-3 tractors, 2 of the tractors weigh about 7000-7500 lb's each. On my old truck a 2002 i had a Edge Evolution CTS and i relly liked it. I could tell a difference when i drove the 2016

A week ago i drove 400 miles. speed 77-78 MPH, watching the truck read out on mileage was 12-16 MPG had some hills soen flat Around Fargo ND. from
St Cloud MN. I read some guy's getting 20-22 MPG. The truck has Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac LT 275/65 R20" load Range E. These tires were on it whenmi got it it should have 18"on it. Would i gain better mileage

What would be a good one that can be changed on the fly and read codes, and check exhaust temp and tranny temp P.S. What would be a good headlight that is like the new trucks Whiter and kind of blue for low beams and Fog lights

Thank You
Rod in MN

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Regardless of what you read, the money invested in a “chip” will not be saved in fuel costs. And the claims of guys saying 22 mpg are false. The truck instant mpg is not an accurate way to gauge your mileage. Fill your tank, drive until the tank is empty, fill it back up and divide the miles by the number of gallons used, that’s your actual, real mpg.

18 or 20” wheels are going to have a negligible affect on mileage, however, tires will play a part in mileage. All terrains, and especially mud terrain tires will decrease your mileage a bit, and highway tires will increase your mileage.

Your mileage sounds pretty normal for those speeds.

The best way to increase your mpg is to drive a car when not towing.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Sounds like you need the edge insight.

Best to read all the mileage threads.
You will see from 12/13 mpg to 21/22 mpg. They can be all same year, all stock, same tires size, same speed etc...
It is what it is and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Sounds like you need the edge insight.

Best to read all the mileage threads.
You will see from 12/13 mpg to 21/22 mpg. They can be all same year, all stock, same tires size, same speed etc...
It is what it is and enjoy the ride.
An "Insight" will not give you any performance as they are only gauges that read factory values.

If you want an increase in performance you will be best off to find a vendor that offers efi live tunes that are emissions compliant to make the upgrade as easily as possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts