Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I need some help, I want to buy a progammer for my truck but i need some suggestions, I have an 05 GMC D-Max and I was going to buy an Edge but i like you guys to help decide whay would be a good one to purchase and also if anyone is selling one I might be interested, yhanks for the help.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have been running a bully dog power pup downloader for about a year. I recently installed the juice with attitude monitor. As far as performance, I like the edge system, but speed limiter can not be removed ( as far as I know). I did stack both systems and saw tremendous power, but there was a lot of engine noise due to timing issues. So, my solution was to use the power pup to remove the speed limiter and use the edge for my performance needs. This worked out great for me. The nice thing about the juice with attitude monitor is no need for a seperate guage cluster.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Edge w/attitude is a good system if you like towing and street use. If your looking for something to play at the stip or race your buddies, from my experience I would go with something else. I am thinking of selling my Edge, but not really sure yet. I just purchased a Predator 2.02 and like it a lot so far. I would go with the Predator 2.02 if I had to do it all over again. But the Edge is a nice feature, its all in one deal and easy to switch on the fly is really nice, but the tranny don't learn fast enough to enjoy it all right off. Also if your engine is below 176 degrees you won't have your power. No complaints in the power though. Bang for the buck all in one Edge, but for the price of a Predator, its a hard toss up.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Our customers purchase about the same amount of Bully Dog programmers as they do Predator programmers. If you get into modules we sell about the same amount of Edge verses van Aaken.

Edge and van Aaken will install post computer, so if warranty is an issue you can install the modules and add the power, but they wont leave any foot prints like a programmer does. You can uninstall the module if going to the dealer, and you can also remove the performance tune program and return to the stock program, but if the dealer wants to dig deep enough they will see that you installed a power program, the only way they could tell you added a module would be if you forgot to remove it and left it on the truck.

Just something to think about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts