Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
installed my attitude monitor today and was going through the motions, trying to make sure the speedo was correct. the number that was in the tire size menu was 2542 or something, I called edge and gave them my tire size, they said that # should be 2618.4 for my 285-75-16's. how did they arrive at that number?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
With your edge there is a booklet that has those numbers on in (normal tires sizes converted to the high numbers you see). IIRC correctly it's the circumference of your tire in mm's.
Let me know if you'd like a copy of the booklet, I could dig it out and scan it and send you a copy.

-Chris

·
Registered
234 Posts
Look at your booklet for edge/ attitude. It has the conversion inside. Mine came programmed for 265's so I had to change back down to 245's. Just follow the instructions.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With your edge there is a booklet that has those numbers on in (normal tires sizes converted to the high numbers you see). IIRC correctly it's the circumference of your tire in mm's.
Let me know if you'd like a copy of the booklet, I could dig it out and scan it and send you a copy.

-Chris
nice of you to offer but no thanks, not necessary. I bought it used and thumbed through the manual sent with mine and didn't notice it. if I ever switch tire sizes I'll just call edge back.

thanks for the input!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
just a side note that when you change tire size the correct speed will only show up on the att. display and not the speedo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts