Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I got my pyro gauge installed and I went to pick up my sister. Perfect chance to test the gauge right?! :rolleyes:

Stock level: Wow, It tops out at about 1000* thats a pretty nice job of GM keeping them down.

Level 3: Wow look at that I hit 1400*................WTF???! my edge monitor was set to beep at 1350* (when edge pyro was installed)..............:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: What does level 6 do???

Level 6 (HOT) : I burried the pyro clear past 1500*!!!!

Now some of you are thinking, thats not to bad. No its not, but I have had my foot into hard on level 6 alot and EDGE attitude NEVER went above 1350 degrees!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Take it for what its worth....

·
Registered
538 Posts
Wow. My edge will hit 1400 very quickly. But now you have me wondering. I wonder if anyone else can verify both?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Mine easily goes above 1400° also... maybe one of your thermocouples is malfunctioning?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont know boys but I could not hit 1400* with edge but with the autometers I could hit 1600+ EASY!!!!!! Just something to keep in mind

·
Registered
414 Posts
Could the same be said for the EVO??? anyone done this comparison?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Do you still have the Edge hooked up? (with your new gauge)

Where did you have the Attitude set for defueling on EGT's? Maybe thats why the Edge shows lower EGT's, BECAUSE EGT IS MONITORED AND ENGINE IS DEFUELED TO AVOID IT.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
No defuel, Edge HOT (level 6) is set to 6/6 for lots of smoke :D And I have my egt warning to beep at 1350*. Yes I still have edge hooked up.

·
Registered
497 Posts
YES HERE TOO i've got the evo an when i went to stage 2 an when igot on it a little egt's jump to 1500. i only have cat back an i called my perfmance man to order down pipe cause of this. maybe the high egt are not as high as shown on the evo pid ??????

·
Registered
812 Posts
Take your edge pyro out and see if it is clean. When I had a leaking injector, my egt's would actuall get cooler under load. Pyro had ⅛" of insulating crud on it. Used steel wool lightly and reinstalled. Works like it was new.

·
Registered
497 Posts
brand new

aketay;1577682; said:
Take your edge pyro out and see if it is clean. When I had a leaking injector, my egt's would actuall get cooler under load. Pyro had ⅛" of insulating crud on it. Used steel wool lightly and reinstalled. Works like it was new.
my evo is brand new maybe 2 weeks old should still be new enough:eek:

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I used the exact same hole edge was mounted in. about an inch from the flange on the passangers side exhaust manifold. The autometer prob isnt touching the inside of the manifold either. :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
So let me get this straight

The EDGE is hooked in still, but not to the pyro probe, since your autometer probe is "in the same hole"?

So the EDGE can't monitor the EGT? (since it has no probe?)

or You have two probes installed in the same area (and they read different)?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts