Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

This is my first post. All of you who have the Edge Juice Box w/ Attitude Monitor.How did you get the cable from the Attitude Monitor in the cab to the engine compartment?(Or the other way around) I will be purchasing this unit very soon. Thanks for thr replies.

2001 Duramax w/ Allison, Crew Cab, Short Bed

2004 30' Terry Quantum Fifth Wheel.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I drilled a hole in the firewall and sealed it up around the cable. Lots just go through the door jam but I don't like the looks of that.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just installed mine and went through the firewall near the brake pedal. Look at Trippin's pictures (link in his signature) He shows a picture of the location to go through. A coat hanger and some duct tape, it goes through real easy and the soft rubber seals up around the cable. Also search this topic I think several (more knowledegable than myself) have offered suggestions. Have Fun!!

Harvey

·
Banned
394 Posts
theres a spot already there above the brake pedal....just widen the rubber incert with an ole pocket knife and slip it rt through

·
Registered
31 Posts
Is a wire extention needed when connecting the attitude to the overhead console? Is the original lead long enough?

·
Registered
393 Posts
there is a rather large rubber plug in the fire wall, it can easily be moved aside without cutting or drilling anything for that real "there has never been anything done" appeal!! its real easy to do!!!!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Door jam here, installed it in the parking lot where I bought it in 3 minutes flat.. Plus easily removed for warranty work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi guys,

I started this whole mess and finally received the Edge w/ Attitude Monitor. Hooked it all up, works great. However, back to running the attitude cable. I can't seem to find the extra(spare) hole with the rubber insert near the brake pedal. Can anyone be more specific as to the location of it. Trippin, your pics are excellent but the one with the rubber grommet still doesn't help. I have 2001 which may be different. Also, installing the Attitude in the overhead console looks perfect, but hard to see while driving especially for me because I'm relatively short(5' 6") and my seat is more forward than most. I need a different option.

Thanks all, Rayzi

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Just grab a 7/16" bit and punch a hole in the firewall in the space provided. Takes a minute or two, throw a grommet on the opening and you're done.

I already had a hole for the boost/pyro wires, but had to put one right below it for the Attitude cable. Faster and easier than snaking it through the rubber boot I think.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts