Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished installing my Attitude and it's dark outside and I went for a test drive and noticed there is no light on the attitude for me to see the panel. I read the manual about adjusting the backlighting but all that did was dim and turn off the blue light for the buttons. What am I missing here???? Certainly there should be lighting for the monitor? It's mounted in a Trippin overhead mount. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
power it on, and press the menu button a few times..it goes from bright, soft, then to dark then back again.

unless you see no screen display at all?? are you saying you see blue on the buttons, but not on the screen? If this is the case check yoru connection to the Edge again or possibly send it back for replacement. They are very good about doing that.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I get a display on the screen but can't see it because it's dark in the cab (night time) but I do have blue lights on the buttons. Weird. I'm guessing it's not working right and needs to be sent back. That sucks. I'll check the connection to the Edge first.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
yeah, if you see backlighting on only the buttons then it may be defective. when it's turned off the buttons don't even light up so you had power to it.

contact Edge, they'll replace it no questions asked.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am kicking around getting the edge with attitude but wanted to see about some feed back. Have you seen any MPG improvement or did it stay aboutt he same? I understand that you want to watch that you do not tow in a higher level correct? Any things I should look for or watch out for? You mentioned that they are very good at replacing the product, do you see them failing a lot out there? Are they reliable?
thanks

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
I am kicking around getting the edge with attitude but wanted to see about some feed back. Have you seen any MPG improvement or did it stay aboutt he same? I understand that you want to watch that you do not tow in a higher level correct? Any things I should look for or watch out for? You mentioned that they are very good at replacing the product, do you see them failing a lot out there? Are they reliable?
thanks
You can read around the Power and Performance sections and see many run Edge, and the poll at the top of the LLY forum has Edge being used more than any other tuner.

With that said, yes they are the most popular, have very good tranny and engine protection while adding safe horsepower. Like any tuner on the market if you run the highest levels without an upgraded tranny you will hurt it.

Their company has very good support and any problems that have been posted on here with their product have either been fixed or replacd with no questions asked. With every product there are failures, Edge just has a very good returns/support system in place. They want their customers happy at all costs.

As far as mileage, no two trucks are the same. If you can keep your foot out of the new power then sure you'll get ok mileage.

Do some reading for all the tuners and find what is best for your needs
$.02

B.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I get a display on the screen but can't see it because it's dark in the cab (night time) but I do have blue lights on the buttons. Weird. I'm guessing it's not working right and needs to be sent back. That sucks. I'll check the connection to the Edge first.
My first 'tude did that ~ just before it died.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
New one on the way from Edge. Not looking forward to the install again as it was somewhat of a pain with the overhead Trippin mount. I routed the wire threw the rubber wire gromet in the door well and then up threw to engine compartment............anyone have a better suggestion? I looked at the firewall for access but didn't see anything.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I sorta anticipated w/my luck, to be reinstalling frequently so avoided the thru-panel(s) method and ran it thru the door gap as suggested in the edge installation procedure. I no sooner get in installed, then there's a dealer recall, then later dealer service then ~ ~ failure and edge replacement, and again - - -

1 - 9 of 9 Posts