Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently running an '05 LLY with Edge/ Juice with Atitude, four inch exhaust (minus kitty), boost stick, K&N, 285's and Suncoast IV. Is it safe to run both the stick and the Edge (level 2)?? Since the boost stick, a DTC code (turbo malfunction? according to On Star rep) has come on and does not seem to clear. Suggestions?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I run my Edge/Attitude on level 3/5 with the boost stick and I love it. Have never had a problem. knock on wood. Unplugged the EGR also.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am interested in knowing more about your experience with the boost stick. I have an edge/ attitude, on an '05 LLY and am considering stacking the Boost Stick. Anything you can tell me is appreciated.:ro)

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Lower exhaust temps, better acceleration, less smoke, and is easy to install. Come to think of it....there is NO reason to not have it on your truck. :)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Lower exhaust temps, better acceleration, less smoke, and is easy to install. Come to think of it....there is NO reason to not have it on your truck. :)
:exactly:

·
Registered
49 Posts

Right On! I am placing my order this week. How long do you think the stock ally will hold with these upgrades?:eek:

·
Registered
490 Posts
JK has a suggestion of tow on 1 or 2. play on 2 or 3. You be the final judge.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
In regards to the first post: EGTs should be your only limiting factor. If the Suncoast IV is properly built, you should be able to pull Everest at 75 mph if you've got enough air to burn all that fuel and keep exhaust temps in check.

OK, well maybe not Everest, but you know what I mean.):h

·
Registered
137 Posts
why cant you run 5/5 with the boost stick? A suncoast 4 should handle it no prob.Im just asking cause i never hear of anyone running on 5/5 with a BS...why not?

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Run the Edge as high as you want IF the trans is built, but if it's not, then 2 is max for towing for most people.

·
Registered
490 Posts
If you are running a suncoast 4 you probably have a different tuner

·
Registered
221 Posts
:exactly:
:exactly: would only run on level 2. i have the quadzilla on the 50hp tune runs fine. you'll get about 30lbs of boost.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts