Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am reading great things about the attitude monitor, I am on the fence about having a local diesel shop install a pyro and boost gauge on the A-piller or go with the attitude. If I go with the attitude any thoughts on who in the Phx. Az. area could install it ?? I don't relish the idea of drilling and tapping into the manifold...

Also anyone find a good place to install the attitude display ?

Got a 02 GMC CC S/B duramax

Thanks much

·
Registered
281 Posts
Its not hard to do at all. I'm sure many of us here can give you step by step instructions...with pictures..of what to do. All you have to do is ask.

Jesse

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I've seen pictures and read a step by step on how to tap the manifold. But I have never used a tap before and the thought of 'practicing' on the manifold doesn't give me a warm fuzzy... should any diesel shop be familiar with this process ??

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
389 Posts
any good auto shop can tap the manifold, it doesn't have to be a diesel shop. have them drill and tap and you put the pyro in. just make sure you leave it running.

john

02 3500 cc lb 4x4 lt

38' prowler quad slides 14100lb's loaded

·
Registered
281 Posts
You don't have to leave it running. Another way would be to use a probe magnet to remove the metal shavings. It works very well.

Jesse

·
Registered
263 Posts
depbubba,

I live in Phx, and I might be able to help you.
PM me if your interested. Also willing to get together with you.Edited by: easymon4u

1 - 6 of 6 Posts