Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All.

First post here so go easy on me :)

I have a 2004 Chevy LT CC SB Duramax LB7. I recently bought the Edge Juice module with there new A2 Controller. I am having TONS of problems with the A2. Here is what is acting up.

Nav unit says : No GPS Device

Constant Lock-ups, then you have to reset unit and loose all previous settings, And then sometimes it may or may not work for long.

Within the A2 - Performance tests, Get a FATAL ERROR in module A2.EXE - This happens 100% of the time normally within 2 minutes. Gotta love any windows based OS.

Truck Hesitates from a dead stop, easy throttle, ONLY when juice is plugged in. Edge told me related to the update in A2. I think that is incorrect due to the fact I have the A2 out of the truck and ONLY the juice module in when this happens.

These are the issues I have with my 3 week old unit.

So why not call Edge, it is under warranty. I did and spoke to 2 different people both told me to "UPDATE" the unit. This will fix it. Well I did that and the problems happened MORE frequent. So I called back, I was told to send it in. I was given a RMA and I will. I am just wondering who else has one of these units and if there are having any issues with it. This A2 is $$$ and I think either I got a bogus one (Although Edge Tech guy told me this is a comon issue and the INTERNAL software needs to be updated, not the same as the update on the web-site and you must return it to edge for this)

Anyone else having problems?

B-Mac

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi, First post as well.
Sorry to hear about the troubles you are having. I am in the process of shopping for an A2 and juice combo. Please keep this tread posted on the out come of your adventure.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
A2 Upgrade

Well I used the one on there website. a2.bin and a2_682.zip. They never made any other that may be available.

I am just really disappointed in the tech support department. I was told by the first tech support guy to "return" it for a refund and never once did he try to get the problem fixed. I was in awe about that. So I had to call back and spoke to the next guy who also told me to return it, and I told him I want it fixed. So he finally gave me a RMA number.

I will be sending it in next week. I am currently traveling and when I return home I will send it in. Sure would have been nice to have the darn thing work while on the road. :rant:

B-Mac

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Edge A2

Oh yeah I will also not get a speed reading in the A2.

What would be a better set-up than the edge line? Don't care about the Navigation set-up. Just want to best set-up out there.

Thanks

B-Mac

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Edge is usually very good about things like this. I hope you have a better experience and the A2 works for you, keep us posted I would like to know what you think of the A2 when you get it working.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Edge A2

Well I sent it in today, Hopefully I get a working unit pretty quick. This unit is a great concept if they can only gets the bugs worked out. I Honestly think it is a software issue (damn windows!) :badidea:

I will keep this thread updated.

B-Mac

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Edge A2 - Latest Update

Well I called up edge today to check status on my A2 monitor and was told they where working on it as we speak. They said there where several corrupt files on the SD card and they are updating the main OS in the A2 module itself. Let’s hope to hell this works this time! :eek:

I also asked them about the wireless camera option, this is going to be available the last week of MAY; you will need to send in the A2 to have them re-program it to accept the camera. This seems odd to me, why can't they just make an update available online for users to do. But regardless I had asked if they could program mine while they had it, but the software patch wasn't complete yet. :(

I should have the A2 Tuesday the 14th. I will post my results and some pics then.

b-mac

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Argh!

Well I got the A2 back from Edge today and went to test it out and it is operating the same as before, NOTHING is fixed. I even enclosed a note with all the problems I was having with it. How do they actually test these? Do they run them on a vehicle and make sure these work or are they simply bench tested and never put through normal conditions?

I have to say I am COMPLETLY disappointed in edge. This controller is expensive and I has been of no use to me yet. I am going to call them first thing in the morning and see what they are going to do.

Anyone else have any issues like this with Edge?

---- Horsepower Upgrades
What exactly can you do? ;) I am curious on this.

-B-Mac

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
are you sure its the controller and not the Edge module? did you send them both??

This is the first I've heard of someone complaining about Edges support. Edge has about the best support department I have seen.. if they sent you a new A2 then it must be your Edge module. have you unplugged the harness and checked for it seating/connecting properly?

don't knock an entire company for one mishap..it happens and they stand behind their product.

Call Edge and if need be send module and A2 back for replacement, they will honor it.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Hello All.

Truck Hesitates from a dead stop, easy throttle, ONLY when juice is plugged in. Edge told me related to the update in A2. I think that is incorrect due to the fact I have the A2 out of the truck and ONLY the juice module in when this happens.

Anyone else having problems?

B-Mac
I had an issue with my old 4.8i unit and swapped for a new one under warranty. My new replacement box does this very thing. I only run a standard attitude (not an A2), so I think you have an issue with the Juice module that needs fixed also. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
My A2 was acting up when I was using it but it worked fine 80% of the time. I had one of the first in the country and never updated it. I would lock up if I changed from A2 to Nav to often. Other wise it was awsome.

Bentley

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is the deal, I did EVERYTHING edge asked me to do, from changing the power source to updated from there website. I told them I had an issue with the truck "stumbling" from a start but it never died and asked if I can send BOTH parts back. I was assured that the juice module was ok and that the A2 was the cause for the stumble. I even asked the guy what his basis for this was. I am a dealer tech (not gm) and know a thing or two about cars. I know the A2 monitors things but the juice module makes the changes. So I did as they asked and sent in the A2, when I got it back and popped it back in I got a FATAL CRASH in A2.EXE same as before, we all know a cable would not cause this and in fact this is a software issue.

I called them this morning and spoke to Kenny, he was helpful. Asked me tons of questions and took his time to try to help me out. He gave the info to there engineer and said he will call me back he did about 1 hour later and told me the engineer said the unit is faulty and they are going to replace it.

So I will be getting a new unit in the next day or so. I am sure this will fix the issue. I still think there is an issue with the juice module but I will wait and see what happens with the new A2.

As for knocking an entire company... I simply said I was disappointed. Who wouldn't be? Anyone I know who spends $1600 dollars for anything and then it never works for you I think would be disappointed.

B-Mac

·
Registered
100 Posts
So what happened? Does it work good now? Would you buy it again? I want one for the backup camera when it becomes available.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update

Well I have had the "new" edge A2 for about 1.5 weeks, and it locks up all the time. I just don't get it. My nav issue is fixed, but I am still getting fatal errors in a2.exe. I will be calling back edge this week. In the meantime I swapped out all cables etc. My old unit seems to be working better than the new replacement unit. I think there are just software issues that they haven't been able to figure out. When the unit works it is great but it will lock up at random, and in fact the reset method at times isn't even a fix and you must unplug the a2.

I will keep the updates posted as they arrive.

b-mac

1 - 16 of 16 Posts