Diesel Place banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let everyone know what I got back from my guy at Edge. Recently another member and myself took our Duramax's in for some dyno pulls. I noticed on both mine and his Attitude that the boost peaked at 24psi.

What's odd is, when I had the 1.0 version I had seen it hit 31psi before so I wondered if the new firmware had broken the boost guage of the attitude so I wrote in and asked if their was a bug with that or was boost actually lower on the 1.2 version. Below is the response....hope this answers someones question about that.

Brian,

Yes, I have clarified that the boost will be lower on the Ver # 1.2 because of the turbo bark issue that we addressed. I have also verified that the boost stick will help produce more boost.

No, LB7's are different because of the manual turbo.

Thanks in advance,
Best Regards,

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
So EDGE likes the boost stick :D Think they will build it into an update of the Juice/Att?

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that would be nice, but I don't see that happening. they lowered boost to stop the turbo bark.. I kind of wish I had kept the 1.0 version, but the 1.2 is smoother and for the exception of the lowered boost its working just fine.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I wish they would make the power come on earlier. 174 degrees seems to take forever to get to. I would like it to be around 150, but I'm sure they have their reasons.

Jay

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish they would make the power come on earlier. 174 degrees seems to take forever to get to. I would like it to be around 150, but I'm sure they have their reasons.

Jay
the problem is at that temp you risk breaking things, but I know how you feel.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I still have version 1.0 on my truck. My power doesn't come on until 180, glad there's an advantage to having 1.0. It's fine except this time of year (always hit 178 at a stoplight).

·
Vendor
9,677 Posts
1.0 is NOT advantageous to have.

1.2 with a BS will rpoduce more power with less smoke at points below 17 psi and will still work just as good or better at all points above 17psi.

1.2 does kick in at a slightly lower temp.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Thanks Kennedy. I'll be sticking with version 1.0 until the tranny is done, then I'll send for an update/upgrade to hot juice. I've kept 1.0 just because I haven't had any problems.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I'm not sure there's ever going to be a Hot Juice for the LLYs--but I've been wrong before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts