Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used these? They have the extra fluid in a little tube attached to the top of the shock.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have not heard of anyone that has these shocks. I think they are only for lifted vehicles though. I put a set of Edelbrock Performer IAS shocks on my truck a little while back and they have been working out just fine. Better than the factory shocks any day. I am sure someone is running them though...

·
Registered
644 Posts
Been running them for just about a year now, simply amazing ride quality, just use the part numbers for a H2 and they will bolt right up.

·
Registered
958 Posts
FWIW, if I'm not mistaken the canisters contain compressed nitrogen gas, not extra oil. This is to keep the shock temperatures down for better performance on off-road use, same idea as what dirt bikes use.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chevyfreek... I've heard good things about the IAS too but never anything about the Extreme Travels.

8.1Gasser... Is the ride noticably better with them?

From Edelbrock's site...
<UL>
<LI>5/8" diameter NitroSteel piston rod for off-road durability

<LI>Extra travel for outstanding off-road performance

<LI>Remote reservoir provides increased oil capacity for cooler operation in demanding off-road conditions

<LI>46mm IAS valve for superior control… keeps the tires on the ground and the chassis stable

<LI>Extremely durable –6 braided stainless steel line

<LI>Zinc plated steel with clear powder-coated finish for long life

<LI>Available for multi-shock applications and specific lifted trucks with OE mount location

<LI>Universal Remote Reservoir shocks have loop/loop mounting, 5/8" bushings, 1/2" sleeves and 12" stainless steel hoses

<LI>Includes all of the outstanding features of the Edelbrock Performer IAS shocks plus a remote reservoir
– Rolled closed end for superior strength
– NitroSteel rod won’t chip or flake like chrome
– Self-adjusting… patented IAS technology adjusts instantly to any terrain for the ride you want on and off the road</LI>[/list]

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
our HDs only have a few inches of travel, probably a waste........

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would install these on a lifted truck, not a stock ride height one...

·
Registered
162 Posts
The Hummer shocks will work for a stock height 2500HD. I did not know that. Learn something new everyday...

·
Registered
644 Posts
As with any shock.major improvment over stockers.

Freek, H2 front suspension is exactly the same as our HD's, rear is different but shock length is the same.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Rancho has an external reservoir shock out now too I see... Are they new? I've never seen them before..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts