Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an update on the economy tune that GMC-2002-Dmax wrote and sent to me. This was downloaded on my dad's 2002 LB7 Crew Cab Long Bed 4x4 Dmax Allison truck. He prolly has 500 pounds in the bed at the time (close to empty 100gal L tank and a full tool box), and is running 265/75/R15's and the speedometer was adjusted for them. He got 16mpg on his first full check since the downloaded program. He was on the 80-90 turnpike yesterday and ran between 75-80mph. (from the IND/ OH border to chicago and then south on 57) He was bucking a large headwind. He got 513.9 miles on 31.XXgallon (close to 32 total gal.)

He thought it was great getting 16 under these conditions, I don't know what anyone else averages at those speeds conditions and weight.

This is all I have for now, I will update more as things progress. Right now my dad is happy. Consider previously he think he would have gotten 12.5 to 13 doing the same trip.:)

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Sounds just a tad lower than I get when I don't do much stop and go driving on the Cali. #2. Sounds like an improvement to me. Good job Tony:ro)

·
Registered
693 Posts
Waiting for the LLY economy tune. I read somewhere that LLY over-fuels to reduce NOx emissions. De-fuel me please!

jeff

p.s. I have seen tech papers that state that this overfueling impacts efficiency. So, in theory, de-fueling by some optimal amount would increase efficiency (i.e. not sacrifice power).

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Intend to market the economy tune Tony??
Merle
That one is a freebie......:) .......I have sent it to at least 6 members.

My only stipulation is that I get your 100% stock file with the tire size you are running so I can make the changes to your tune file.

It takes only a few minutes to make the changes.

Any of the other tunes I have are still being tested and are not quite where I want them, they can still be made better, I am a perfectionist.

They will be available at some point exclusively thru Trippin and SoCal Diesel. We have some details to work out.

Thanks for asking,

T;) NY

·
Registered
263 Posts
Please let us know when you are going to be set-up with SoCal Diesel for your tunes... I already have EFILive and am interested.

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Please let us know when you are going to be set-up with SoCal Diesel for your tunes... I already have EFI Live and am interested.
All the HIGH HP/TQ tunes will be ECM exchange only at this point until FLASHSCAN~2 is released. That will allow tunes to be e-mailed hopefully and still protect the proprietary information.......

Smaller economy tunes like this and those modest tunes under 100HP will probably be able to be e-mailed as long as you have EFI-Live.

T;) NY

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Any of the other tunes I have are still being tested and are not quite where I want them, they can still be made better, I am a perfectionist.

They will be available at some point exclusively thru Trippin and SoCal Diesel. We have some details to work out.

T;) NY
Tony;
Have you decide on the price yet?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
T;) ny you can just about quit your day job.

:D

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
are you doing trucks for guess with out EFI. with the economy tune what kind of fuel economy are the trucks getting and what engines do you support.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts