Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2007 MD Duramax/Ally that was missing both PCM and TCM. I bought a pickup PCM and had it flashed to remove the Vatts and EGR along with a minor tow tune. I also picked up a TCM from a pickup and was wondering if I should leave it alone and let the self tunning take care of itself. Any thoughts on what to do?
Thanks, Hal

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
If the donor pickup was very close to what you have, you might be OK. But my guess is that you won't. Of course, you can try the replacement to see what happens, but don't stray too far from a dealership . I think you'll find that the TCM will need programming.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Poor shifting, locked in lower gear, anything that a transmission could exhibit that isn't 'normal'. But I've never done that, installed a different TCM without programming it, so I'm guessing.

Put it in, start the truck, see what happens. foot on brake, put it in Drive; foot on brake,shift to Reverse, see if any adverse reaction. If none, shift to drive and move a few feet forward, shift to reverse and go back where you came from. If no adverse reaction try same thing but move further and faster. Stay within reach of your house or free towing help. It's an experiment.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, It'll be a while before I'm able to try it. I'm working on an engine swap that's way out of the ordinary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts